Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
Learning by Doing

Share |

Where do you put your cell phone?

So, maybe the only reason I'm asking this question is because I'm a girl... But, where do you put your cell phone when you're working around the house?

Mine's starting to get a bit banged up riding around in my pocket with my keys, some screws, a box cutter, the usual.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #2

I don't usually know (or care) where it is when I'm home. If it's not on the charger, it should be in my purse or coat pocket (should be).

When I drive a couple miles away from the house I know exactly where it is. It's back at the house......where I forgot it. LoL

You could still carry yours in your pocket. Just get a thin leather cover for it. Or make one.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
Safe, Most of the Time!!

I like the leather belt holsters. I know neither of my daughters like them; but I do see more women using them now days.

PS: As you can see by my avatar, I am not female.

Picture/Photo Pitcher/Carafe ------- Where/Someplace Were/Be
brokenknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #4

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

Mine is always on my desk, next to the computer At night is is in the charge by my bed. My wife keeps hers in her purse/bag. We don not have a land line, but have a third cell in one spot and on the charger. The third or "house phone" is much cheaper since it is part of our family plan ($10/mo.)

Cell phones are great are great. When I fell of the roof and crushed my tibia at the knee. I laid on the ground and called 911. - brokenknee: I will match my scar from above my knee to the ankle with yours. A steel plate/bar and 14 screws takes a big cut to install.
concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
Safe, Most of the Time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretemasonry View Post
Mine is always on my desk, next to the computer At night is is in the charge by my bed. My wife keeps hers in her purse/bag. We don not have a land line, but have a third cell in one spot and on the charger. The third or "house phone" is much cheaper since it is part of our family plan ($10/mo.)

Cell phones are great are great. When I fell of the roof and crushed my tibia at the knee. I laid on the ground and called 911. - brokenknee: I will match my scar from above my knee to the ankle with yours. A steel plate/bar and 14 screws takes a big cut to install.

I only fell of a ladder and dragged some 2X8s on top of me to break my lower tibia plateau, missed four months of work. I can only imagine the pain you had.

I also have a plate, titanium with seven screws.

Edit: I use it as my avatar to remind me of how stupid I was.

Last edited by brokenknee; 04-17-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Learning by Doing

Brokeknee - I had the same injury (tibial plateau) but mine involved an underage driver (not me) running a red light. And my scar looks like a shark bite.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
Safe, Most of the Time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Frances View Post
Brokeknee - I had the same injury (tibial plateau) but mine involved an underage driver (not me) running a red light. And my scar looks like a shark bite.
Hey, that makes three of use so far maybe we can start are own club.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Man of many hats

I bought a couple of leather cases from Walmart that work great for me(one for my work radio/phone, one for my personal cell). They have a tight clip so that they do not stick out too far from my body.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #9

Mine sits on the fireplace mantle
It's never in my pocket
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #10

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

For me, the leather pouch and straps are too bulking and get in the way. I also do not have two big loops attached to chain with about 100 keys on it. I need mobility and slip the small cell phone into any pocket, so it is with me wherever I am. I gave up on the saddle hanging on my dash because I always ran off without my phone. If you don't need all of the toys and gimmicks, the new basic folding phones are even getting too small to keep track of unless you establish good habits.

On broken a broken/shattered Tibia, my plate must be titanium or something that does not set off the airport or any other security systems. - It should be for the $170,000+ hospital bill in addition to the doctors, ambulance, transfers and therapy charges, but I had great insurance and just walked/hobbled away. I was also lucky because I had no pain that I felt, but take a vicatin for skin/muscle pain after getting a Potassium intervenous connection. I was very lucky, but I am strange in that I feel very little pain which can lead to some problems with hot cast iron frying pans.
concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
Learning by Doing

Ah, neuropathy. Sucks, don't it.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
Safe, Most of the Time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretemasonry View Post
On broken a broken/shattered Tibia, my plate must be titanium or something that does not set off the airport or any other security systems. - It should be for the $170,000+ hospital bill in addition to the doctors, ambulance, transfers and therapy charges, but I had great insurance and just walked/hobbled away. I was also lucky because I had no pain that I felt, but take a vicatin for skin/muscle pain after getting a Potassium intervenous connection. I was very lucky, but I am strange in that I feel very little pain which can lead to some problems with hot cast iron frying pans.
And I though my bill was high at $50,000.

I did ask the doc about setting off the metal detectors and having MRIs; that is when he told me it was titanium. My out of pocket cost was about $2,000. They would have had to call me gimpy if I did not have insurance.

I had quite a bit of pain for the first two weeks; doc did surgery on week three (waited until swelling went down), then it hurt like heck for the next month. I still have about a half of bottle of hillbilly heron left (oxycontin).

This is something I definitely would not want to go through again.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #13
Tool Geek

How about this to wear around the house and it's on Sale

now seriously, I have a summer lightweight vest from Duluthtrading.com that I frequently wear inside the house. It has has loads of inside and outside pockets and It has special slots for a phone and pencils. Unfortunately it is no longer on their site, but here is another model.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/...ghtweight+vest

A goggle search will find many similar types from other sources. Just think of it as another tool.
Hope this helps,

Last edited by PaliBob; 04-18-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: sp
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #14
Tool Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenknee View Post
Hey, that makes three of use so far maybe we can start are own club.
Now it's four, I did an endo over the bars on a Yamaha DT 250 in the late 60's in the Anza Borrego desert.

My fracture was mainly vertical so the doc took some bone from my thigh and pieced that in and held together with metal plates. It went OK and I didn't limp until lately where I have to make a conscious effort going down stairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Where do you put your cell phone?-yamaha-dt-250.jpg  
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
DIY'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Frances View Post
So, maybe the only reason I'm asking this question is because I'm a girl... But, where do you put your cell phone when you're working around the house?

Mine's starting to get a bit banged up riding around in my pocket with my keys, some screws, a box cutter, the usual.

My Klien Phone Holder, comes in 2 sizes, Larger one is available at Home Depot for around $15, thats where I got mine. I use it for my Ipod Touch, but can easily fit my phone in there also. The smaller one is proboly a better size if you just have a normal size phone. The larger one is great for my Ipod touch, since I keep my Ipod touch in a rubberized jacket, they sell the jackets at Best buy, kind of expensive, something like $23, but it has saved my Ipod multiple times, droped it right to the driveway and it was fine. I think they make these rubber things for some phones also.
I can't get the page to pull up on the Klein site right now, but here is a link to a site that has the small Klein phone holder:
http://www.acetoolonline.com/Klein-5...kle-5715xs.htm

This is the large one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KLEIN-MOBILE-PHO...QQcmdZViewItem

Jamie

jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote