Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Retired from the grind

Share |

Wells Fargo cellphone text Phish

Anyone that receives a text message on your cellphone that states the following:

"FRM: WFOnlineServices"
Subj: mwfsrv
Msg: Vist no http: tinyurl com/wellsfargo-mobile to remove restrictsions from your Wells Fargo account, Thank you."

Delete. It is a Phish that is attempting to gather information illegally. Report it with the number it came from, to your carrier through their text messaging Spam number for SMS.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Electrical Enthusiast

There are also similar ones labeled as being from regions bank. You can report these numbers to cell phone providers by texting them to 7726 (s-p-a-m) if you are with AT&T.

Kyle_in_rure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Retired from the grind

We did on this, and it came back, that it was sent through a email push. This is just a FYI Kyle. Anyone is welcome to add others to this thread if they get them, so that we can keep others warned not to respond to these PHISH with the info they want.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
Kyle_in_rure (07-26-2013)