DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Off Topic (
-   -   US Taxes, non-resident (

n0c7 12-13-2008 05:16 PM

US Taxes, non-resident
I recently visited Las Vegas. I'm a Canadian citizen and I've heard rumors that we can claim all of the state tax back if we keep our receipts. Is this true, if so, what form would I fill out or who do I need to talk to? I can't find much information googling.

I know that if a US resident visits Canada, we allow them to fill out a form and get refunded any GST(Government Sales Tax) they were charged.

Nestor_Kelebay 12-13-2008 08:01 PM

Here is the State of Nevada Tourism web site:

I think if you start looking there you'll find a "contact us" link somewhere, and you could ask them directly.

n0c7 12-13-2008 08:10 PM

I've fired off an e-mail to them. Not expecting a reply, but who knows? :laughing:

iMisspell 12-13-2008 09:05 PM

If your in the states, maybe pick up a phone book and call an accountant, they might know.
or since its sales tax, maybe Chamber Of Commerce

n0c7 12-13-2008 09:08 PM

Nope, I'm back home. :)

kbsparky 12-13-2008 09:40 PM

The title of this thread is deceptive. You are seeking a rebate of state sales taxes, not US taxes.

Most states won't refund these taxes, in such cases as tourists, etc.

Next time visit a place like Delaware, where there are no sales taxes... :whistling2:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1