Two And A Half Men - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,636

Two and a half men

The first of the new season will be on here in a few minutes. I'm anxious to see what they have come up with to kill-off ole Charlie.

Advertisement

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,270

Two and a half men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Cline View Post
The first of the new season will be on here in a few minutes. I'm anxious to see what they have come up with to kill-off ole Charlie.
I'm waiting patiently as well. I just watched one of the last newer shows with Charlie, I don't think it'll be anywhere near as close.

We'll see.

Advertisement

Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
I'm Your Huckleberry

Two and a half men

The new intro..
http://www.cbs.com/shows/two_and_a_h...-men-manly-men
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 558

Two and a half men

so whats it like?
epson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Tileguy

Two and a half men

Kind of funny actually. That program has always been a little too crude for my liking with a teenager in the house but non-the-less hilarious at times.

They did a good job of making the transition and raising the question that Rose may have actually killed Charley.

We'll see where it goes but the writers have always been top-notch so I'm sure they can carry it off, maybe even bigger and better.

I now look forward to Charlie's new show - "Anger Management".
Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
DIY Hack

Rewards Points: 504

Two and a half men

Did anyone happen to catch the Roast of Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central last night? I watched a little after Monday Night Football and it looked pretty funny.

The best line I saw was from a woman (not sure who she was) who said:
"Charlie Sheen is a lot like Bruce Willis. Both were very popular in the 80's and both have had their former slots filled by Ashton Kucher"
Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Tileguy

Two and a half men

You Tube has some clips of the roast. Seth McFarlane kicked his butt for him. Some of it is pretty funny stuff.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
I'm Your Huckleberry

Two and a half men

Quote:
Originally Posted by epson View Post
so whats it like?

i friggin' missed the dang thing. I checked and re-checked for the showtime, was repeatedly stated 9/8c on CBS. Well both 8 and 9 central came and went and nothing. What happened with that?

On the radio today it was said that John Cryer really took over the main spot of the first show and not Ashton. IMO good, I like that guy in the show.

I friggin' missed the roast as well, but it'll be replayed to death on Comedy Central, I'm sure, which is what I'm scoping right now.

Side note, Charlie settled his lawsuit with CBS. If anyone remembers he sued for 100 mil. He won a straight up front one time payment of 25 mil that will lead to 100 mil in ten years.

Someone fire me.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 558

Two and a half men

Yeah I heard on the radio he won his millions… caught a little on his roast also…
epson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 250

Two and a half men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
i friggin' missed the dang thing. I checked and re-checked for the showtime, was repeatedly stated 9/8c on CBS. Well both 8 and 9 central came and went and nothing. What happened with that?

On the radio today it was said that John Cryer really took over the main spot of the first show and not Ashton. IMO good, I like that guy in the show.

I friggin' missed the roast as well, but it'll be replayed to death on Comedy Central, I'm sure, which is what I'm scoping right now.

Side note, Charlie settled his lawsuit with CBS. If anyone remembers he sued for 100 mil. He won a straight up front one time payment of 25 mil that will lead to 100 mil in ten years.

Someone fire me.
I have 2 1/2 recorded but haven't watched it yet. The wife and I will probably sit down tonight and watch it. The reviews I read on the web were horrible, so I am wondering.

Maybe they settled the lawsuit for the future if this doesn't go well, bring him back. He went on Leno and basically he was an ass during that time. Chuck Lorre is also a recovering alcoholic and understands the mindset.

Who knows...

Last edited by Marty1Mc; 09-21-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Marty1Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
I'm Your Huckleberry

Two and a half men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1Mc View Post
I have 2 1/2 recorded but haven't watched it yet. The wife and I will probably sit down tonight and watch it. The reviews I read on the web were horrible, so I am wondering.

Maybe they settled the lawsuit for the future if this doesn't go well, bring him back. He went on Leno and basically he was an ass during that time. Chuck Lori is also a recovering alcoholic and understands the mindset.

Who knows...

This morning on the radio the station played a bit of a recent Charlie interview. Don't think it was Leno, though. He said that in hindsight he would fire him as well. Pretty much he admitted he was in the wrong, showing up to work plastered and the likes.

They say that he's over his downward spiral, again.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 250

Two and a half men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
This morning on the radio the station played a bit of a recent Charlie interview. Don't think it was Leno, though. He said that in hindsight he would fire him as well. Pretty much he admitted he was in the wrong, showing up to work plastered and the likes.

They say that he's over his downward spiral, again.
Roseanne Barr fired Chuck Lorre from her show for the same reason as Chuck Lorre fired Charlie Sheen. I suspect he did it to Charlie to send a big message. But, if the ratings plummet (as I suspect reading online reviews), then I think they may pull a stunt and bring him back from the dead.

Last edited by Marty1Mc; 09-21-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Marty1Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,326

Two and a half men

Sheen won his lawsuit. $25 million up front and $100 million over 10 years. Not too bad.
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
I'm Your Huckleberry

Two and a half men

The first re-run of the roast of Charlie Sheen will be this Friday.

Comedy Central has their own website and you can check it out (without being a member) but in individual segments, not as the entire show in one go in other words.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
I'm Your Huckleberry

Two and a half men

I caught the full roast on Friday. Probably one of the better ones I've seen in long time minus Mike Tyson and Steve-Doh!.

Two cents: I'd recommend going out of your way to see it.

Advertisement