Trio Palm - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,000

trio palm

I just got my trio today. I am sending this from work.
the future is so cool.
let's hope it works.

Advertisement

Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

trio palm

Trio Palm....I'll have to check this toy out.

How does it hold up to coffe spills and jelly donut smears?

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #3

trio palm

probably pretty bad.
I am so excited I can now email without my boss gettin involved!
I can adjust my fantasy sports too....
Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

trio palm

Are you talking about Palm Treo? or another model?

I have Palm Treo 650 smartphone. I like it because I can use it as a PDA (I sold my Palm Tungsten already). I also use it as a digital camera, mp3 player and even a game console.

Cool gadget, right?
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #5

trio palm

PalmOne Treo 650.

It gets better the more I use it!

Got a bad address from a client and on the road I got the correct one, but had no instructions on how to get there.

google maps solved that one!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #6

trio palm

I upgraded to the 700w from 650 sweeeeeeeeet.

they are not rugged devices. I bought an otterbox case for it water bullet proof

ray
POOLMANinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #7

trio palm

the 700 or 750 is not supported up here yet.

but when it is..........
Old 05-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 500

trio palm

Amazing phone, if you know what you're doing you can put all kinds of amazing programs on it (if you don't research programs, you can make your phone real squirrely).

They do break easy, I've had (4) 650's, literally. Check these pics, this is my rigged up case for it now
Attached Thumbnails
trio palm-resized-back-shell.jpg   trio palm-resized-front-half-shell.jpg  
joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
Home Improvement Guy

Rewards Points: 250

trio palm

Big waste of money as far as I'm concerned. I can do the same things with my CB radio, walkie talkie, abacus, and sketch pad at a fraction of what you hi tekkies spend
ron schenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #10

trio palm

Actually since then. my Trio acted up, and my provider no longer uses the Trio. So they upgraded me to an IPAQ.
Much Much Much better phone.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #11

trio palm

I had a 650. Dropped it and they did not offer insurance for it. I have the 700 coming this week. It's very handy for my line of work...
Ryan_Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #12

trio palm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron schenker View Post
Big waste of money as far as I'm concerned. I can do the same things with my CB radio, walkie talkie, abacus, and sketch pad at a fraction of what you hi tekkies spend
unless we bought the treo 200 or 300 something for around $50 on ebay, had insurance on our phone, and when it broke just paid the $50 deductible and got upgraded!

Lol same thing happened with my brother actually, only he had a ~$100 treo 600 from ebay. Couldn't put insurance on it (it was a refurb), but one day it got screwy. The store swapped it out for a new 600 for only $35. They let him put insurance on that one. Then that one failed immediately (seriously), and the store just swapped him a 650 for it (since they gave him the messed up 600).
Old 05-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 75

trio palm

I have a old palm zire 71, I mainly use it to remind me of appt. and maint. jobs coming up being a plumber. Oh and contacts. But on the flip side I also use it for my chiped ecu on my rx7 to have almost total control of my car I am a RX7 nutcase.
That one Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #14

trio palm

What year is your rx7? Those are sooooo sweet! My friend's has bigger turbo, new engine (don't most of those rotaries die early?), cat back, chipped, all that stuff. Thing flies!!!

Controlling that through the palm you got must feel so 'geek cool' lol. I get that feeling every night when I'm using my treo650 as my remote control haha (or when I access my home computer while I'm not there, and do stuff like turning on music, x-rated stuff, whatever, it bugs out whoever's home haha. Oh on that topic, the way I do that is by using PalmVNC, it's just a palm version of the VNC remote access program, if anyone uses that. It allows you to see/interact in real time with a PC, my buddy who lives forever away will be able to hop onto my computer and fix things using the regular version, I get to watch my cursor move even though I'm not touching anything haha)
Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #15

trio palm

Oh, if I didn't mention these already, here's some clutch programs for a treo 650

treohelper - this lets me enter a lock code text message, so if I lost my phone I could text my special message, and it would lock down my phone, giving whatever message I want ("email me @ dkjfkdfj.com for reward"). The only way to get it operational, without the code of course, is to do a zero out reset, but those are tough to do and most people who find/steal a phone wouldn't ever figure out a zero out reset. Just pulling the battery/pressing reset won't unlock the phone.

keyguard+time - this program is cool to let me know my RSSI levels (measurement of signal quality, generally speaking. This is only something relevant on a CDMA phone, meaning verizon or sprint.)

Pong; gotta have pong!

TCPMP - the core pocket media player. This lets you watch all those compressed '.avi' files you have on your computer (of course you'd wanna change their resolution down to an appropriate level for the treo first) on your phone. I can hold like 30 south park episodes on my 2gb SD card, or hundreds and hundreds of songs. Gotta love it.

rocketchu - greatest game ever, once you get a feel for the controls

Oh, btw, these are all FREE programs, grab them at 'mytreo.net' (the only program I paid for was salling clicker, the one that lets me link via bluetooth to my PC and control windows media player, but that $20 program was well worth it since wmp is my sole entertainment program, and I only watch media on my computer (unless of course it's wednesday, that's when you'll find me watching a static'd out version of lost because I need to see it a day before I buy it on itunes haha. Damn that season finale was a let down!)

Advertisement