Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Architectural Sculptor

Rewards Points: 500

They always say dogs reduce stress and blood presure...

Last edited by RWolff; 07-25-2013 at 07:38 PM.
RWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 2,366

:whist ling2:

Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Banned Electrician

Rewards Points: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post

Gotta love them..
Old 07-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 552

I had a yellow lab like that one in the picture and about the only things which were damaged were a red parker pen and a mechanical pencil, which he chewed on while he was teething.

A good dog can bring more joy to your life than nearly anything else.
cleveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Architectural Sculptor

LOL yeah, I had brainstorm the other day, the collage came to mind when I ran into something I forget what it was a couple of weeks ago that mentioned that stress and blood pressure thing and I thought I should do a parody on that

If you look close at the little pictures it's hilarious, window blinds ripped to shreads, stain on the carpet, stuffing ripped out of the sofa and chairs, puppy chewed off rung under a wood chair, paper towel rolls dragged out and worked on, dog pissing on the front of the sofa and two shoes chewed up LOL
And after you see those you remember that on the other side of each of those pictures is a very angry owner who came home to that carnage, and at the other end of the photo is a dog like those three pictured- with that "innocent" "who me? I didn't do this!" look!!
RWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 150

Owning a dog with severe separation anxiety, I have seen all of those scenes, and THAT FACE, many many times. The best investment I ever made since I got that dog was a 700 dollar custom made, aluminum, tig welded heavy duty crate like you normally see bolted to the bed of a hunting truck. People who visit think I must keep a lion in my living room. But since we have had it there have been no escapes and no more destruction. It was pricey for sure. But the three wire ones and one plastic airline carrier she destroyed before did not cost much less combined than the fortress did. Add up all the other property she destroyed after she would get out and in hindsight paying 700 dollars for one crate that would be the last one I'd ever need would have been an incredible bargain.

She is not fond of it and only tolerates it begrudgingly. But the way I look at it is having to go in there occasionally is still better than that year of her life when she wandered the streets not knowing where her next meal would come from. Also better than having me come home every day and lose my mind over whatever she destroyed while I was gone.

Last edited by eharri3; 08-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.
eharri3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #7

I wish escape artistry was my dog's way of dealing with separation anxiety. Instead, it's peeing. Even in his crate. I deal with more urine on a daily basis than a nursing home attendant.
TheBobmanNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,310

As some of you know, we just got adopted by a stray. This weekend marks the first full week with us. To say he is a great dog is an understatement.

Yes, he has gotten out twice. Both times the neighbors called me and by the time I got home he had already put himself back into the yard.

After today it won't be an issue I'm building new gates that he won't be able to chew through.

Besides being a lovable dog, we don't have the stress of the worry if he gets out. While we prefer to have him on a leash while out of the house, we can walk all around the front yard and he stays with us. In fact, the only thing keeping him in the back yard is me telling him to stay there while I work on the gates.

The cats are starting to get used to him. They still keep their distance, but every time he sees one of the cats, he pretty much ignores them.

Now if only his poops were smaller and didn't smell so bad.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
forcedreno2012 (08-03-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Remodel and New Build GC

Rewards Points: 2,002

A few thoughts maybe you'll enjoy:

Money can buy most things....but it can't buy the wag of a dogs tail.

Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love... unless he's owned by a dog.

If your dog doesn't like someone... you probably shouldn't either.

It seems the most affectionate creature in the world...is a wet dog.

A boy can learn alot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times and smelling carefully before lying down.

Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to.

Best
forcedreno2012 (08-03-2013), oh'mike (08-03-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

I cannot spell either breed to this day but Ginger was an amazing half breed between Chiauagha and Pecanese. Huge round eyes, short hair and a temperament you would never believe. All the nasty yapping was bred out of her.

Some know I had a cat that loved to sail and would scurry up the mast to its highest point and paw at the tell tail. I never let him on board in dangerous weather.

Well Ginger was even more weird and chased cats up trees. I would sit in California and outdoor dinner guests would comment.

"Your little dog is chasing a cat up a tree! She is hopping from limb to limb.

"She does it all the time. She does not like them in her territory.

"Isn't it dangerous?

"I suspect so. Cats are not accustomed to dogs chasing them up trees? Anything could happen to that cat if my dog really scares it.

"Aren't you afraid for her?

"Nope and I have friends in Santa Clara County Fire that will come rescue the cat if it turns bad. And how did you guess it was a female cat? Ginger was chasing her up a tree before you really got a good look?

"We are talking about your dog dammit. She is not normal."

"Ginger will hop down from branch to branch in a few minutes.

"She has never fallen out of the trees she climbs."
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 2,500

Ha!!

Dogs...the only animal that I can think of that I have wanted to murder in the front half of one minute and snuggle with on the back half.
Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #12
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows on Wash View Post
Ha!!

Dogs...the only animal that I can think of that I have wanted to murder in the front half of one minute and snuggle with on the back half.
You need to try living with a 25 pound orange tabby! My ex-girlfriend left me with him and his kitty brother to take care of for a couple of weeks. They both died, 12-15 years later having moved with me through many states. Spike did not actually love water but loved going sailing with me and would scurry up the mast to play with the tell tail.

Spike/Spikezilla/Spikemoto Schwartz (Jewish film industry name someone gave him when he starred in video) was an amazing animal and at least transitioned me to liking cats. I was accustomed to dogs that would come when I whistled and Spike was the same. Not. I think my fave episode was watching him try to steal a Thanksgiving Turkey with plans to hide it my Manhattan apartment.

"G....mit Spike!? Was all most people ever heard me call him and thought it was his name. I swear, darn cat smiled and smirked at me at times.

He was a babe magnet though. What woman would not love 25 pounds of loud purring orange fur, a nicely trimmed claw that would cover their nose for affection, and who could drool too?

Dr. Fluffy was great with him actually. She got tired of him trying to steal our dinner so she set him at our dinner table. Plate napkin and all.

I found his little brother torn apart under a Philadelphia park bench. Dillon von Gufus was the best mouser I ever encountered. You could not get him interested in people food.

I live on the precipice of pet ownership again. I have the wildlife of North Pond/Lincoln Park and the Lincoln Park Zoo if I fall out my front door.

Not to derail this site to LOL cats status. I don't know. What would you do? Dog or cat? I will be getting some mutt, one way or the other. There are too many dull overbread teacup puppy mill animals in my hood already. Glue gun five of the twitching, dumb little animals together you might end with a real dog.

Last edited by user1007; 08-17-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #13

Rewards Points: 25

We never really were a cat family, we always seemed to just gravitate towards the canine variety. But that all changed the day my daughter brought home a teeny tiny little furry kitty. Poor thing was only about 3 weeks old. We bottle fed him until he opened his eyes and when he took one look at us, we were hooked. Off to the vet he went for a checkup, shots, and micro chipping. His older brother Tank and big sister Tink took over the "raising" of him. We now have a cat that thinks he is a dog.does his business in the yard with the others, but we have a backup litter box inside the house just in case.we have a fenced yard that he never leaves, he lays on the floor with the others, runs to the door if the doorbell goes off, and will jump up on your legs like a dog to greet you. He makes a peeping noise instead of purring, his version of barking according to the vet. He wont jump up higher than the couch, he never learned how to be a cat. Likes to go for rides in the car and wouldnt know what the heck to do with a mouse if he ever saw one. He is our cat/dog we tell people. Until they see for themselves Im pretty sure they dont believe us! So im still hard pressed to say we are a cat family also ,because Gus is a dog trapped in a cats body, and we love him to pieces! Well my son doesnt love him as much right now, he pulled the evidence from his mouth the other day..one of his G.I.joes has suffered a terrible loss............
memarybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #14
Too Short? Cut it Again!

There is a bright side to what the kitty did.

A squirrel was spared from out of control, non-attached to any country, military mercenaries. Even GI Jo dolls can turn bad. Tell your son your cat spotted former corporal what's his name for reason and just bit his head off in the name of national and long term security interests.

Last edited by user1007; 08-17-2013 at 03:18 AM.