Surgery Waiting.... - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 254

Surgery waiting....

Sigh. Waiting for my five year old daughter to get out of surgery. Im not a fan of hospital waiting rooms. Third eye surgery in 2 years. Hopefully third time's the charm....

Advertisement

Marqed97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Learning by Doing

Rewards Points: 2,000

Surgery waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marqed97
Sigh. Waiting for my five year old daughter to get out of surgery. Im not a fan of hospital waiting rooms. Third eye surgery in 2 years. Hopefully third time's the charm....
Best wishes.

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,508

Surgery waiting....

I am not a big fan of them either Marq if that makes you feel any better. I bet the first thing she asked for was either Ice Cream or a Popsicle.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #4

Surgery waiting....

All over with. Tough lil chickie. I offered her a Popsicle and she said "no, daddy, I want some fruit snacks". I could tell it was much more painful than the last round. I think the procedure is called strabismus repair...the muscles that control eye movement. We left the hospital 4 hours ago and she just now managed to open her right eye. She's on her way. Whew!
Thanks for the thoughts...as I get older, I find close friends are harder to come by, and sometimes a place to simply vent is as good as anything.
Leah - how did it turn out with your friend? I had read a few of your posts about his heart attack. My dad died young of undiagnosed heart issues...he was not a fan of regular checkups.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Learning by Doing

Surgery waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marqed97
All over with. Tough lil chickie. I offered her a Popsicle and she said "no, daddy, I want some fruit snacks". I could tell it was much more painful than the last round. I think the procedure is called strabismus repair...the muscles that control eye movement. We left the hospital 4 hours ago and she just now managed to open her right eye. She's on her way. Whew!
Thanks for the thoughts...as I get older, I find close friends are harder to come by, and sometimes a place to simply vent is as good as anything.
Leah - how did it turn out with your friend? I had read a few of your posts about his heart attack. My dad died young of undiagnosed heart issues...he was not a fan of regular checkups.
glad you're heading home with your girl. And get her some fruit snacks for pete's sake.
Thanks for asking about my friend. He ended up spending 14 days in the hospital he ha several complications, but yet finally released him. He's got cardiac rehab for 12 weeks.

I also consider the forum part of my network of support and friends. It's nice.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #6

Surgery waiting....

Oh, little moo (maddy moo, as we call her) got her fruit snacks and then some. As did her twin sister, of course. Can't hold out on one of them. It's cute... Gabby has been fawning over Maddy since we got home, waiting on her hand and foot.
Glad to hear your friend is on the road to recovery. My biggest fears are health issues. My stepson's new stepmom (much nicer than the last one - eek) was recently diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 34. I think back to my 'unhealthier' years and wonder sometimes. Is it fate? Luck of the draw? Yeesh.
Kids are all asleep after a long day, I'm going to walk over to the Dragon Boat Festival at the lake shore for a bit. Been hearing the bands playing all evening.
Thanks again for the well-wishing!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
Learning by Doing

Surgery waiting....

I did Dragon Boat when I lived in PDX. it's a pretty tough few minutes.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #8

Surgery waiting....

I have several friends on various teams competing. By the time I got over there it was a pretty wild scene (11pm or so).
What a weekend so far. The kids surgery yesterday, and now I'm off to a 'hands-on skills test' at the fleet services garage for the city next to us. It's been a 4 month process to this point, and they say there are only 3 applicants left as of today's test and interview. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that I can get in there and out of the dealership. A salaried, union position is so foreign to me that is seems unlikely to actually exist. I put in 5 seasonal years in our city, working up to full time, just to be told at the end that they were starting a 3 year hiring freeze. I was....unhappy.

Advertisement