Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

Snow

I hate the cold. I grew up in northern Illinois, close to the Wisconsin border and almost spitting distance to Lake Michigan. I know personally terms like "windy city" and "lake snow effect".

I despise cold. A matter of fact the only consistent goal I had growing up was a dream to live someplace warm. Someplace where my feet didn't feel cold and wet five months out of the year. Someplace where I felt I could feel warm more than five minutes before having to go out in the cold again.

I detest the cold. The year I turned 21 I packed up all my earthly belongings into a Datsun B210 and headed south. Brownsville, Texas. Pretty much as far south as you can go in the continental United States.

I met DH down there. He was an Indiana boy who loved and missed the snow terribly.

Sigh.

He's been dragging me back north slowly but surely since then. Southern Texas to central Texas. Then Oklahoma. Now Missouri. Leaving heel drag marks in the dirt all the way. Did I mention I don't like cold weather?

There are two redeeming factors here in Missouri that make the cold bearable. First, for the first time in my life I have an attached garage!!! With an automatic opener!!!

Second. Occasionally. If the heavens align properly, I pull out my arctic boots, insulated bibs, and down coat and bundle up.

Walking side by side in the woods with my favorite fellow, where the only tracks you see are rabbit, deer, and an occasional coyote, well, somehow it makes it O.K.
Attached Thumbnails
Snow-100_0096a.jpg  

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Snow

Beautiful dog!

I hear the bootheel is actually pretty warm.

operagost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

Snow

Yikes!

We live at the bottom of a hill on on a private road. Woke up this morning to see our neighbors full sized 4x4 truck back in his driveway and his bootprints heading out. It's only a mile and a half hike up the hill and to the highway.

He works for MoDOT.

I don't think we will be going anywhere any time soon.

I hope everyone out there is safe and warm!
Attached Thumbnails
Snow-101_0510.jpg  
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote