DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/)
-   -   Snakes ??? (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/snakes-66661/)

Giles 03-12-2010 11:55 PM

Snakes ???
 
I thought I knew a lot about snakes, at least the ones we have in North America.
Today, on another forum, they were talking about "SNOW SNAKES". I have heard the expression, I did not give it a lot of thought.
I googled "snow snakes" and found a lot of information but don't know if it is a true species of snakes. All snakes, to my knowledge, are cold blooded and can't function properly when temperature is below about 50 degrees.
I still don't believe they exist and would like some additional input.

Leah Frances 03-13-2010 12:03 AM

How 'bout try google or wiki or snopes. DIY - do it yourself - as in some research.

Giles 03-13-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah Frances (Post 413871)
How 'bout try google or wiki or snopes. DIY - do it yourself - as in some research.

Read my post ---I have done that!

DUDE! 03-13-2010 08:58 AM

http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/Snow_Snake
great news, can't thank you enough. I'm one of those spider and snake kinda guys, as in trying to climb on thin air if I see one, not so much with spiders but definitly snakes. I googled snow snake, and it was as you said, very confusing, lot of slang useage. Now it will be stuck in my head that I'll never be able to run fast enough in the snow to stay ahead.

merle 03-13-2010 06:55 PM

I was told as a youngster that if you ever encountered a snow snake to wrap your pant legs tightly around your ankles and stand perfectly still. If you did not the snow snake would crawl inside your pant leg and into your rectum and you would freeze to death instantly. I was dumb enough to believe it. Thankfully I never saw a snow snake or I might not be here to tell this tale. LOL>

rusty baker 03-13-2010 08:55 PM

Only one way to kill a "snow snake." Hang it up with a "sky hook" and beat it with a "left-handed monkey wrench." :whistling2:

kbsparky 03-13-2010 08:58 PM

Similar to the snipes that new boy scouts were told about on their first night camping out. :laughing:

rusty baker 03-13-2010 09:12 PM

Snipes actually exist. There are snipes (a bird) in Europe, Asia and SE United States. Sometimes albino snakes are called snow snakes. But there is no such species as snow snakes. At least, none that I am aware of.

nap 03-13-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty baker (Post 414163)
Snipes actually exist. There are snipes (a bird) in Europe, Asia and SE United States. Sometimes albino snakes are called snow snakes. But there is no such species as snow snakes. At least, none that I am aware of.

the snipes kbsparky was speaking about are not birds. They are an imaginary animal.

snow snakes are real and just to prove it, I have included a picture of one. It may be tough to discern against the white background but it is there, I swear.

chrisn 03-14-2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nap (Post 414179)
the snipes kbsparky was speaking about are not birds. They are an imaginary animal.

snow snakes are real and just to prove it, I have included a picture of one. It may be tough to discern against the white background but it is there, I swear.


I SEE it! Fortunately all the snow has melted and along with that all the snakes have disappeared.:laughing:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved