Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Mod

Share |

Sears BS

Sears guy shows up today with new kitchen appliances for the job I’m working on. They bring in the (unboxed) fridge and right away I notice a dent on the bottom of the door like someone had kicked the thing. The owners weren’t there so I rejected it on their behalf.

Since the fridge had no box I asked the guy “how could you not have seen the damage when you loaded this?” he said “I saw it but we’re suppose to bring it anyway” he goes on to say “ we’re not allowed to mention the damage to the customer but if they notice we’ll take it back, if they sign for it then it’s theirs.

What kind of BS policy is that.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #2

Sears BS

It's another company on the list of many that no longer have any pride. They worship the almighty dollar and scr*w the customer.

It's too bad. Sears USED to have a good name.

Thanks for letting us know about this Ron.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
blackestate (09-16-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Pro Flooring Installer

Sears BS

Saw a while back, one economist is predicting that Sears will fold by the end of the year.
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #4

Sears BS

I stopped using Sears about a decade ago. They treat the military great, but the average customer, not so much.
jsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #5

Sears BS

Their tools do not last like the ones years ago either.
disapointing to see them fall like this.
blackestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Learning by Doing

Sears BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikfishron View Post
Sears guy shows up today with new kitchen appliances for the job I’m working on. They bring in the (unboxed) fridge and right away I notice a dent on the bottom of the door like someone had kicked the thing. The owners weren’t there so I rejected it on their behalf.

Since the fridge had no box I asked the guy “how could you not have seen the damage when you loaded this?” he said “I saw it but we’re suppose to bring it anyway” he goes on to say “ we’re not allowed to mention the damage to the customer but if they notice we’ll take it back, if they sign for it then it’s theirs.

It's a crappy policy - but I've been on the winning end of this - Bought my dream fridge from a Big Box Store with the same sort of policy - had a dime size ding in the bottom and the first purchaser refused delivery. I bought it for 30% off cause of one little ding.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
A Little Of Everything

Sears BS

I think Sears has run its life cycle.

Neither Sears brand, nor Craftsman, tools are what they used to be. But my "deal breaker" was a new - and rather expensive - air compressor I bought from them quite a few years ago. Plugged it in, found that EVERY fitting was loose, and some parts were missing. Took it back the next day and they insisted that the only thing that could be done was to send it in for factory refurbishing, meaning that I'd be without a compressor for 2-3 months. No loaner, and no guarantee it'd be right when done.

I demanded my money back, and basically haven't bought much of anything from Sears since.

Last edited by DrHicks; 09-16-2011 at 04:22 PM.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
Retired from the grind

Sears BS

I was thinking that also, since you can now get Craftsman tools at Ace Hardware.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #9

Sears BS

I bought a $500 table saw, after sving forever. Blew up the motor out of waranty by a week. no luck, but the motor is $250. Do not know what I will do now. Really really disapointed! Reminds me more and more of Harbor Freight!
blackestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
A Little Of Everything

Sears BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
I was thinking that also, since you can now get Craftsman tools at Ace Hardware.
...and Menards.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
Retired from the grind

Sears BS

That I will have to look for at our two Menard's. This week, was the first time in a couple of months that I have stepped foot into a hardware storer. Only reason this time, was to get a new stove, since ours that came with the house, decided to start having problems, after I replaced the main circuit board a year ago. Figured that instead of replacing the other circuit board, the ignitors, or possibly the pressure regulator, that ten years was long enough to go ahead and get a new one. And also, due to we are remodeling the Kitchen, was another factor.

And yes, it does take more than one trip to the hardware store. Got the wrong flapper for the toilet. Did you know that American Standards are such a PITA, that you have to use the disc flapper specifically for them, not the type with the ball on the bottom. Why does stuff have to be so difficult.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
Retired from the grind

Sears BS

Kwikfishron, the Sears I worked at for a few months here in my ton, they used a third party to do deliveries. They are paid by the trip, so the more trips they make, the more they are paid. The two guys that delivered our new stove (Fridigaire Gallery), both were professional, allowed me to put the nipple and gas line on the new stove, and test to make sure it worked. One of them was getting flustered when he was trying to put in the bottom rack, due to it has two bars that assist in pulling out that rack.

I do not know what I am going to do with the third rack, but do like how much better it looks (Stainless), than the previous one that was white, that came with our house, when we bought it. The lady that owned it, bought and did all of her business with Sears, since she grew up with Sears and Montgomery Wards in their previous namesakes as household names. My dad was the same way. I can say this, the mower I got, when I worked for Sears back in 2004, is still going strong, with no problems.

I can tell you this about Lowe's, when a friend of ours was having her Kitchen remodeled, she went through three deliveries of cabinets, due to first set was stuck to the box, second set had some damage, and finally got ones after longer than she expected a set that was in good quality, that she saw no defects.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #13
KemoSabe

Sears BS

As far as Sears in general, they always had a name that stood for quality in days of old.

K-mart, on the other hand, had a reputation of having a product line of poor quality.

When K-mart took over Sears, the writing was on the wall as far as I'm concerned. Add K-mart to the list of places you can find the Craftsman product line.

I have to say though, when my appliances were delivered by Sears 9 years ago, the delivery guys opened ever item before trucking it in and told me that I should call customer service because of a few small dents and creases that I had no issue with because they were going to be hidden. For each damaged item, I was issued a $50 store credit, which amounted to $150 for a washer, dryer, fridge and OTR microwave oven.

Last edited by loneframer; 09-17-2011 at 06:21 AM.
loneframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #14

Sears BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikfishron

That policy is standard no matter who you purchase from. His mistake was admitting he had seen it. For that he could be fired. Buyer be ware always.
OhioHomeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
Mod

Sears BS

That’s pretty sad when faced with telling the truth or lying the truth will get you fired.

The customer wasn’t there. The only reason he told me was because we're both just workers and he thought we're on the same level or something.