DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/)
-   -   school permitting. (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/school-permitting-78029/)

1drn 08-05-2010 07:19 PM

school permitting.
 
are educational institutions required to file electrical permit applications?

Proby 08-05-2010 07:24 PM

I think I am going to stop trying to answer questions that depend on a person's location when they... don't fill out their location.

Scuba_Dave 08-05-2010 07:26 PM

Short answer...Yes....as far as I know

jbfan 08-05-2010 09:18 PM

Depends. Some public works have there own permitting process.

fireguy 08-06-2010 09:57 AM

By now you could have called the local building inspectors office.

williswires 08-07-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proby (Post 481088)
I think I am going to stop trying to answer questions that depend on a person's location when they... don't fill out their location.

I agree! It should be a required field when registering.

Speedy Petey 08-08-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proby (Post 481088)
I think I am going to stop trying to answer questions that depend on a person's location when they... don't fill out their location.

And those who post vague questions with little to no detail.
AND those who post commercial/industrial questions on a "Home Improvement" board.
:whistling2:

Proby 08-08-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Petey (Post 482177)
And those who post vague questions with little to no detail.
AND those who post commercial/industrial questions on a "Home Improvement" board.
:whistling2:

And those who ask questions, but sign out 8 minutes later and never come back?

secutanudu 08-08-2010 11:23 AM

Well - in his defense...after seeing all these responses...he may have been scared off :)

Speedy Petey 08-08-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secutanudu (Post 482283)
Well - in his defense...after seeing all these responses...he may have been scared off :)

Oh well.
Proby was dead on this one so no big loss.

They posted THREE DAYS ago, left the site six minutes later and have not been back to even check for replies. I say good riddance.

Scuba_Dave 08-08-2010 11:37 AM

Yeah...he was gone at 8:25a...possibly only saw the 1st response
Proby scared him off :laughing:

Proby 08-08-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave (Post 482298)
Yeah...he was gone at 8:25a...possibly only saw the 1st response
Proby scared him off :laughing:

LOL :thumbup:

Speedy Petey 08-08-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave (Post 482298)
Yeah...he was gone at 8:25a...possibly only saw the 1st response
Proby scared him off :laughing:

For only being here less than a month Proby already has a good feel for this place. :laughing:

Proby 08-08-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Petey (Post 482302)
For only being here less than a month Proby already has a good feel for this place. :laughing:

I've read this forum for a while. I'm also a member of other DIYer and electrical forums.

When someone asks if a school needs an electrical permit on a DIY forum, it's usually a safe bet that said person shouldn't be doing electrical work in a school :no:

Plus the whole location thing is a pet peeve of mine. :furious:

Scuba_Dave 08-08-2010 11:52 AM

The school is Andrews.edu
Its a big construction of a new building, then tear down of an old building
So hopefully Pro's are doing the work


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved