Reverse Image Search TinEye - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Reverse Image Search TinEye

I often have need to see if I can find the original source, rights and permissions for images I find on the internet. Contrary to too common practice you really cannot just use an image freely because you found it on the internet. Rights are probably still owned by the person that created it and their may be model rights involved too. Get caught using an image for commercial purposes without rights assignments and you could be looking at paying a hefty damages settlement.

Anyhow, check out TinEye (beta still) for reverse image search. Just upload the image and it races off to find its other appearances and hopefully the original source.

www.tineye.com

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote