Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #1

Share |

Replacement Windows - Coastal Florida

Anyone have a good experience with a window installer in the greater Tampa area they would recommend?

My wife and I are looking at replacing our single pane's with shatterproof energy star windows. Right now looking at a mid-grade vinyl by Simonton, Andersen, or Jeld-Wen. Staying away from the box stores and think going fo rsomeone who specializes is the best way forward.

Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Man of many hats

I always sugggest that you do your research as there are as many opinions about different window companies as there are people offering up their own opinion. I do suggest that you at least give window world a call. Their windows are made by Allside and have a great warranty while maintaining one of the lowest prices in the industry. I used to install for them years ago here in NW Fla and liked how they handled any warranty issues down the line. I'm not sure abouth the Tampa area franchises. but I'm sure they'd be worth a phone call.
JMTCW

Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Home Performance

Simonton is good, I'd stay away from the vinyl of Anderson or Jeldwen. I'm not sure what is offered in your market, but PlyGem/Great Lakes, Softlite, Sunrise, and Gorell are all good vinyl products... I suggest a local installer for the best combo of value and service.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #4

Thanks Guys. Your thoughts are appreciated. The research is coming along well and you have pretty much confirmed the direction I was heading with the new windows. I actually even found a Gorell dealer/installer locally yesterday. Looks like I have pretty much brought myself to a choice of Gorell or Simonton. Again thanks for the input.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Home Performance

Both good choices.