Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
I'm Your Huckleberry

Share |

Quitting my day job..

Cause I'm rich!! An e-mail this morning...

"After several attempts to reach you on phone, I deemed it necessary and urgent to contact you via your e-mail address, to inform you that I am a delegate from the United Nations Human Settlements Programme and I'm here to notify you finally about your outstanding compensation payment of $2,811,041.00 USD with identification number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

Take note that you will pay a shipping/handling fee of $95 USD for delivery of your compensation check.

Thanks for your attention"
Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
DIY staff

Quitting my day job..

Need to borrow $95 ?

Check the postage --it costs extra to send a letter to Nigeria
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #3

Quitting my day job..

Make sure you send that money in certified funds, may want to also send them all your bank accout #'s just in case there's a problum.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
I'm Your Huckleberry

Quitting my day job..

Bank accounts, good info. I'll get my millions direct deposit!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Experienced

Quitting my day job..

Maybe now you can buy that Dog..de you always wanted......
Old 10-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #6

Quitting my day job..

Good for you! I qualified as well, and although it turns out that there is a little more to it than just the $95, I at least know for sure that it is going to be worth the time and effort. I actually got my email a couple of weeks ago, and was a little skeptical at first, maybe like you were, but decided to go with my gut, and sent my $95. And, sure enough, as soon as they got it, my new friend Bawaki called, and filled me on on the details. I obviously haven't met him yet, but will when he comes to visit some of his family over the holidays, and am looking forward to it because he sounds like a really great guy. Anyway, it turns out that things are pretty much the same all around the world, and, as honest as Bawaki is, the organization still does some goofy things, not unlike when you go to buy a television, vehicle, or whatever else; they set you up for one thing, and then only have the higher priced model in stock, or there are a few minor costs attached, which aren't presented up front. Well, the latter is how the organizarion that Bawaki represents works, but because he is such a great guy, I am willing to look beyond the way that the organization represents itself. Anyway, long story short, Bawaki is working very hard to get the check to me, but due to international exchange rates, daily bank changes, etc., and the fact that he is personally checking security at each and every point along the way, it is taking longer than I imagined, and there are naturally costs attached for all of his time and trouble, but he is very good about calling every day, and instructing me as to where to send any additional monies. It's only a bit over $10,000 now, but, on the other hand, I would not have referred to it as "only $10,000" a few weeks ago, whereas today I feel much more comfortable, financially speaking. As the excitement builds, there are times that I wish I could call Bawaki, just to make sure that everything is moving along okay, but, unfortunately, in his line of business, there are a lot of people trying to take advantage of him, so I understand the reason that he prefers not to give his number out. Anyway, again, that's great! Sorry if I bored you, but, like you I am sure, I am just so excited, and I figured that I may as well give you some insight regarding what I have learned as far as how the process works.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
gravity always wins

Quitting my day job..

Two million? Is that all you're getting? Heck I'm getting $13,000,000................just as soon as I send the $10,000 to help the dude pay off the Sandinistsas........................ or was it the Al Qaida?
Maintenance 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Quitting my day job..

I was singled out for my Christian values and am not only getting $57M of my own but in return for taking on the 17 year old daughter of a government official who was poisoned, am being entrusted with her trust accounts as well.

Meanwhile I have a package waiting at O'Hare that cannot clear customs until I advance funds to the solicitor who sent it on behalf of my long lost relative.

I have my problems though. I got a final warning from FBI Agent Ross suggesting that a warrant has been issued for my arrest and that I must send bank account, social security and birthdate information to sort out an identity issue. I did that today since the return address was a yahoo address. I figured if Agent Ross was taking time to email me from home the least I could do is be more cooperative.

All of this has taken so much time though I have not had a chance to review all the attachments I opened and then saved for more careful review later. And since I am not greedy, I have stopped claiming the international lottery prizes.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #9

Quitting my day job..

Wow! What are the odds that so many on this forum have become rich? Woo hoo! It gives me hope that one day I too will get a notification of millions of dollars owed to me.

But what if the email comes and I'm too busy working to read it? We can't have that! The best thing for me to do is to quit my job and wait in front of the computer day and night.

This is so exciting!!!

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
Doc Holliday (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
DIY staff

Quitting my day job..

Many years back ,in the days of pagers and pay phones, I got a 911 page from my oldest daughter--

When I called she was excited to tears," Dad, Come home!! You don't have to work any more!! You just won a million dollars!!!!"

Yep, Publishers clearing house------Ed McMahn (might) be bringing me a check----
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Quitting my day job..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2rjc View Post
Wow! What are the odds that so many on this forum have become rich? Woo hoo! It gives me hope that one day I too will get a notification of millions of dollars owed to me.

But what if the email comes and I'm too busy working to read it? We can't have that! The best thing for me to do is to quit my job and wait in front of the computer day and night.

This is so exciting!!!
Give customary two weeks unless you are contracted. Trust me. I do not know how to share the wealth since I stopped being cynical, careful and dumfounded at times. I never thought I could be rich and no offense to black people in my life, including my stepbrother, I never thought they would pick me.

Hey look, I am so overwhelmed and somewhat limited in mobility these days. I have dealt with customs brokers all of my life and with people that pick up shipments at docks and airports. This one offered seems special though. There are inheritance documents attached to it. I always knew my parents royal pains in the ass but to find they are actual royalty? I need someone I can trust to go claim the inheritance. You may have half. Even though I do not know you. And you may be so busy you ignore this offer.

The trust account of the Royal Prince of wherever should be directly deposited any day now into my account. I gave all the international transit information needed and I bank with Chase. I found it weird I had to send airfare her royal majesty, Princess Gotahaveet. She is from an African country that poisoned her Father so I want to be supportive. The airline did nail my credit card for a seatbelt extension so I think she is coming in matching US standards for young women these days. And not the photo offered when I negotiated this deal.

Trust me. I did not believe in the offers with email addresses that did not match organizations names until I found the FBI agent willing to help me sort out the person using mine. From his Yahoo address.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #12
paper hanger and painter

Quitting my day job..

Just got this, how many millions did I get?

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته،،،
يتشرف الاتحاد العربي لتنمية الموارد البشرية أن يحيط سعادتكم علماً أنه:
باعتماد: جامعة عين شمس
بالتعاون مع : مركز البحوث والدراسات التجارية والإحصائية كلية التجارة جامعة عين شمس
عزم على عقد ورشة عمل:
( تطوير وتقييم الأداء الإداري والمالي )
القاهرة جمهورية مصر العربية 16 20 ديسمبر 2012م
بهدف التعرف على نموذج تقييم الأداء المتوازن ما هو مفهومه، وما هى خصائصه، وما هى القواعد الأساسية لتنفيذه، وكيف يتم تقييمه، وما هي خطوات تطبيقه، وما هي إعتبارات النظام المتكامل لقياس وتقييم الأداء، وأيضاً مفهوم التوازن الذى ينطوي عليه نموذج الأداء المتوازن، وكيف يكون الربط بين نموذج الأداء المتوازن والإستراتيجية، ودراسة الموازنات كأداة للتخطيط والرقابة؛ كان انعقاد هذه الفعالية والتي تعرض من خلال إطارها العام إلى: مدخل إلى نموذج الأداء المتوازن، خطوات تطبيق نموذج الأداء المتوازن، المنظورات الأربعة للمنظومة المتكاملة لتقييم الأداء، خصائص النموذج الجيد للأداء المتوازن، القواعد الأساسية لتنفيذ نموذج الأداء المتوازن، الموازنات كأداة للتخطيط والرقابة، نموذج الأداء المتوازن للربط بين الإستراتيجية والموازنة.
مستهدفين في ذلك مديري إدارات الشئون المالية والإدارية والتخطيط والتطوير والمتابعة والرقابة والتدقيق والمراجعة والعاملين بها في الوزارات والهيئات والمؤسسات والمصالح والمجالس والمنظمات والشركات والمصانع.
وبهذه المناسبة يسعدنا دعوتكم للمشاركة وتعميم خطابنا على المهتمين بموضوع ورشة العمل وإفادتنا بمن تقترحون توجيه الدعوة لهم علماً بأن رسوم الاشتراك 1000 دولار أمريكي.
مع بالغ تقديرنا واعتزازنا ،،،

لمزيد من المعلومات برجاء الاتصال
نائب مدير التدريب

I hope someone can translate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #13
Mod

Quitting my day job..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
I hope someone can translate
It's still a little early but I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Peace be upon you and God's mercy and blessings,,,
Honor of the Arab Federation for Human Resources Development that Your Excellency should take note that:
Adoption: Ain Shams University
In collaboration with: Center for Research and Studies on commercial and statistical - Faculty of Commerce - Ain Shams University
Determination to hold a workshop:
(Development and evaluation of the administrative and financial functioning)
Cairo - Arab Republic of Egypt 16 - December 20, 2012
To identify evaluation model of balanced performance is understandable, what are its characteristics, what are the basic rules to be implemented, and how they are evaluated, and what are the steps implemented, what are the considerations integrated system for performance measurement and evaluation, and also the concept of balance, which implies a form of balanced performance, and how be linked model of balanced performance and strategy, and the study of budgets as a tool for planning and control; was the event which shows through the general framework to: Introduction to form balanced performance, steps application form balanced performance, perspectives of the four system integrated to assess the performance, characteristics form good performance balanced , the basic rules for the implementation of the Balanced Scorecard model, budgets as a tool for planning and control, balanced performance model of the link between strategy and budget.
Targeted at managers of financial and administrative affairs, planning and development and follow-up, control and auditing and their employees in the ministries and bodies, institutions and departments, councils and organizations, businesses and factories.
On this occasion, we are pleased to invite you to participate and mainstream discourse interested in the subject of the workshop and let us know who you propose to invite them to note that Fee $ 1,000.
With deep appreciation and pride,,,

For more information please contact
Deputy Director of Training
The Following User Says Thank You to kwikfishron For This Useful Post:
chrisn (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Quitting my day job..

I am jealous. Of the millions I have made just this week in Euros and British pounds just to start, only kicking out $20-30K US in fees, I have never yet been offered participation in a foreign language of any kind, let alone Arabic.

You da man Chris. You may paint wearing no pants and be into crabs but clearly you are also a man of the World. I do wonder what sites you visit to attract such offers though.

With regime changes, maybe the MidEast just really wants someone who can patch bullet holes and rehang tacky looking wallpaper quickly.

Last edited by user1007; 10-25-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #15
I'm Your Huckleberry

Quitting my day job..

What I want to know is where are we going to park our yachts?