Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

Share |

price suggestion

ok so... after fixing my friends patio someone else wants me to do theirs.. they want two 200sqf areas covered in marble chips, 4 small retaining wall for flower beds set (no bigger then like 10sqf each) plus, a patio paved (no concrete just pavers with the joint sand) and their ACs covered... now some other contractor asked 1500 for work only.. I usually only do plants so im not to sure what a good price is for this kind of work.... any suggestions???

PhillyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Experienced

price suggestion

Phillymom, all I couldl suggest is something I am sure you already know, figure out how long it will take you (add 20% for unknowns) add that to the cost of the materials needed (if you are supplying them) if you are supplying them multiply the cost of materials by a % mark-up (to cover the cost of buying, transporting them etc) mutliply your hours by the rate you want to charge add this to your materials cost, add the cost of insurance (you really should have) add vehicle depriciation, office equipment depriciation, office space heating and cooling, tool depriciation, etc , etc and there you go ------- final cost.

Mark

Old 08-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Licensed Builder

price suggestion

To make it an easier task, simply decide what your time is worth for doing this work, then decide how long it will take you to do it. Figure a decent amount per hour for your time and multiply that by the number of hours you think it will take you. I could go into "contractor speak" on pricing, however, I feel this is a "one shot" kind of project.

Just remember to make it worth your time for the price you charge them.
Handyservices is offline   Reply With Quote