Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Retired from the grind

Share |

Okay, who in Colorado upset Mother Nature

Colorado is about to get a one-two weather punch. A very cold air mass will be pushing southward from Canada during the day Tuesday. This moist cold air will be mixing with a shot of tropical moisture working its way up across southern California, Arizona and New Mexico. This will produce a prime situation for up slope flow and wet, heavy snow over the Front Range.

There is a Winter Storm Warning for all of the Colorado mountains, the Front Range and the Denver Metro Area. Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon. In the mountains the warning is from 6pm Tuesday through 6p Wednesday. And for the Denver metro area and Front Range it is from 9pm Tuesday through 6pm Wednesday.

Snow potential for the Denver metro area could reach 6 to 12 inches. In areas above 6,000 feet into the foothills and mountains snow accumulations could be between 8 to 16″ of snow.

Here is the timeline for the big change. Cooler air starts to move into the state during the morning. Rain and snow develops in the mountains. While clouds increase over the metro area.

By late afternoon snow starts to accumulate in the mountains and the Denver metro area begins to see rain showers develop.
After 9pm or 10pm rain should begin to change over the snow in the Denver area. With heavy snow possible overnight Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon. This will lead to a very messy, snowy and slushy morning drive on Wednesday morning.

Snow should come to an end by late Wednesday afternoon.
Since many trees still have their leaves, this could lead to broken tree branches and some power outages.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/10/2...enver-weather/

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #2

Are you in Colorado? Midwest central?

I know two guys in Ft. Collins.

Code05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Retired from the grind

Illinois. The wife is pissed that it is not happening in this part of the country. My brother was stationed at Ft. Carson for a short time, until he finished out his time in the Army at Ft. Drum.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 10-25-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
Ft. Drum.
Colder than a well diggers arse in Alaska.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Temp is 78 F (25.5 C) today.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #6

Odd how that works.....Weather predictions for Rochester, New York on Thursday calls for snow and ice, yet north across lake Ontario, our cold front will plunge us down to a miserable 5-8 c (40-45 f).

Colorado is considerably south/west of Ontario. Today was around 12c (55f). So far we've had one light frost and not even a killing frost at that.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #7

dang, feeling sorry for you right now! stay inside man!
TimAllen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Retired from the grind

Lets hope that everyone out on the North East have their boilers fueled up and ready to go.

Northeast braces for October snowstorm with up to a FOOT predicted in areas - the earliest New York City snow since Civil War

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ted-areas.html
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #9

^ agreed! hang in there!

iamdunn is offline   Reply With Quote