Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
I'm Your Huckleberry

Share |

Nintendo Wii

Anyone else played it? Pretty coOl video console. I have a few questions concerning the dancing games and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Not for me, duh. For two little girls I know, sisters. They love to dance and sing however God awful they are.

Doc Holliday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Pro Flooring Installer

Nintendo Wii

Have had one for several years. Haven't used it for a couple years, BORING.

rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rusty baker For This Useful Post:
Doc Holliday (12-09-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

Nintendo Wii

Hey, Doc (notice I held back on the 'what's up, Doc?')....

We've had a wii for a little over a year now. The 'wife' and I have 3 young uns, 8 yr old boy and twin 5 yr old girls. We got the wii mainly because it seemed a lot simpler for them (and us) to use. I was a big gamer back in the days of NES, Sega, etc, not so much now. Except grand theft auto. Got hooked on that for a year back before the kids came along.

Anyway, the kids LOVE it. We restrict their time on it (big world out there) but they picked up on the motion controls right away. I know the newer xbox (I think) uses body motion sensors, where the wii just has the controllers... I think the dancing games for the wii require you to hold the controller. I'll find out soon, the twins are begging Santa for a game like that.

On a side note: we use the wii connected to the Internet (wifi) to stream Netflix. It was worth the $ just for that. They have a 'just for kids' netflix on there now too.

If I (I mean, Santa) happen to get out shopping this weekend and pick up a game, I'll let you know.
Marqed97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marqed97 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
I'm Your Huckleberry

Nintendo Wii

I've played tennis and golf and a few other games. I can't say it was boring. Granted it was no XBox but still, fun. Much more accurate then I gave it credit for before I ever played one.

I was wondering if Santa needed to also buy a pad for them to stand on and dance or if only the controllers work with that.

Santa just now bought the system which came with Mario Bros. and one controller so he had to buy a second controller as well. The "Just Dance" game is $39.?? at Wal-Mart but the foreign and few sales people hadn't a clue as to if it needed accessories so Santa is confused, and now broke.
Doc Holliday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #5

Nintendo Wii

Hi Santa Doc,
Typically the Wii games are more kid friendly then the xbox, although xbox has better graphics and the new kinnect thing (which requires no mats or balance board).
Mario Cart usually comes with the Wii, plus a steering wheel. That game is tons of fun for both boys and girls of all ages.
Some of the dance games on the wii either come with a mat or require a separate purchase, BUT it will say right on the pkge what accessories are required. I can't remember which dance game was popular last Christmas, but I know some of the parents were having a blast. Hang on while I ask them if was "just dance" . I think it was
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to creeper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #6

Nintendo Wii

I love it, but honestly haven't played in probably over a year. It's great for family, though. However, Kinect is greater for family now.
Clayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clayburn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #7

Nintendo Wii

I agree, mariokart was/is a blast. One of the twins loves it, and is always challenging me to battle it out.
Marqed97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marqed97 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #8

Nintendo Wii

I still don't know what it is exactly, but we were at a senior's potluck dinner one evening last winter, and one of the guys was all excited about wii (?). If I remember right, he was talking about golf, and boxing, and I don't know what all. They had bought one for the grand kids, and, according to her anyway, the kids were having a hard time getting it away from grandpa! I remember my wife trying to explain it to me on the way home, and finally saying something like "oh never mind, you'd rather be in your shop". One of these days I will have to remember to stop at a store and look at them.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterII For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #9

Nintendo Wii

I've played the basic games on the Wii, such as the bowling and golf. It's boring-yes! But I heard the Dancing games were probably the most popular on the Wii. Wii Fit is a big hit too. They have yoga and everything...
cleanerair56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #10

Nintendo Wii

The neighbourhood parents tell me "just dance" and just dance 2 are a ton of fun
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
A Little Of Everything

Nintendo Wii

My wife and her 4 siblings are getting her parents (in their mid-70s, with her dad getting cancer treatments) a Wii for Christmas. I have no idea what games will be involved.

The goal is exercise. I hear that a lot of nursing homes & re-hab centers have the Wii.

Should be interesting!
DrHicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #12

Nintendo Wii

An excellent idea. There are a ton of low impact activities to keep them occupied and interested
Old 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #13

Nintendo Wii

Doc, you're best bet is the dancing game. They're very popularly rated.
hwymorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #14

Nintendo Wii

We have one and I play it during calving season and it's 2am and nothing to watch on TV.
Got a lot of the hunting and fishing games. My daughter loves the cow racing game.
logluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #15
A Little Of Everything

Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwymorris View Post
Doc, you're best bet is the dancing game. They're very popularly rated.
Sorry, but there is NOTHING about me and dancing that is a good bet!

DrHicks is online now   Reply With Quote