DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/)
-   -   A new theory on how us and the world came to be (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/new-theory-how-us-world-came-104489/)

baby327nd 05-14-2011 07:33 PM

A new theory on how us and the world came to be
 
I was wondering if any of your guys heard about this idea before:

Quote:

Your eternal, one Self (not this temporary self in this temporary world) had an idea in “eternity” (which remains a constant state) where you existed with your Creator in oneness: what could be different than how the everlasting Creator created everything to be, and how would that come about? What would come out of this, and how would this idea affect me? Therefore, with this idea in mind, you sought an experience that was completely different from the experience of what you were eternally, and became the direct opposite of it, for the curiosity you had led you to this decision by your own free will.

I was just wondering what to make of this? Any suggestions?

Willie T 05-14-2011 08:12 PM

What does it matter what anyone else thinks if this whole world comes from your own imagination anyway? :wink:

We don't exist. Only you do. So our answers would really be yours... but they would be the opposite of what really is? :huh:

DangerMouse 05-14-2011 08:19 PM

We are all the lead character in our great play of Life.

DM

baby327nd 05-14-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMouse (Post 647959)
We are all the lead character in our great play of Life.

DM

Is this the interpretation you get out of this?

baby327nd 05-14-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie T (Post 647954)
What does it matter what anyone else thinks if this whole world comes from your own imagination anyway? :wink:

We don't exist. Only you do. So our answers would really be yours... but they would be the opposite of what really is? :huh:

I think you getting it wrong about what the author, Nurkun, is trying to communicate on his website. He isn't saying our self in this body but our true self in eternity that had the curious idea which brought us to this world.

Jack Olsen 05-14-2011 08:29 PM

The wiring of human consciousness is complicated and very plastic. Some of the side effects of this plasticity gets downright loopy.

DangerMouse 05-14-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby327nd (Post 647961)
Is this the interpretation you get out of this?

Nope, that's just what was going through my mind at the time I was editing out links. I actually did read what you posted, but that's just too deep for me.

DM

sixeightten 05-14-2011 08:36 PM

Nurkun? And he has a website? Does he have a spaceship?

sixeightten 05-14-2011 08:40 PM

He also teaches that the Quran is valuable to all humans.

Willie T 05-14-2011 08:45 PM

Don't sweat it, guys. Harold Camping has already enlightened us. He has told us that there's no point in planning on much of anything beyond May 21, 2011. So I guess whoever has dreamed us into this non-reality will wake up on that date.

We've only got a week left to get it all worked out...... :eek:

baby327nd 05-14-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixeightten (Post 647971)
He also teaches that the Quran is valuable to all humans.

Actually what I wrote here, He is getting it from the Quran. I sum it up like this: He is saying we are Allah and being Allah, we had a thought in eternal oneness, that bought us here.

So pretty weird isn't?

baby327nd 05-14-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie T (Post 647975)
Don't sweat it, guys. Harold Camping has already enlightened us. He has told us that there's no point in planning on much of anything beyond May 21, 2011. So I guess whoever has dreamed us into this non-reality will wake up on that date.

We've only got a week left to get it all worked out...... :eek:

I hope your right!

DangerMouse 05-14-2011 09:01 PM

But don't worry, I'll go right back to sleep again for another thousand years.....

DM

sixeightten 05-14-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby327nd (Post 647979)
Actually what I wrote here, He is getting it from the Quran. I sum it up like this: He is saying we are Allah and being Allah, we had a thought in eternal oneness, that bought us here.

So pretty weird isn't?

A few other prominent writers cite a different book, and have a name for theories such as the one you cited. I think that would be called Blasphemy.

baby327nd 05-14-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMouse (Post 647966)
Nope, that's just what was going through my mind at the time I was editing out links. I actually did read what you posted, but that's just too deep for me.

DM

For what reason you edited out the link, since I put it their for anyone who want to take a shot at reading his stuff. It isn't allowed, I guess?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved