Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
JOATMON

Share |

New Addition To The Family

Please welcome the newest addition to our family. The wife found him on Monday wandering the streets...tired...hungry...real skinny....I took him to the pound....no chip....so if no one claims him....we get him.

Picked him up today....he gained 5lbs while there...by all accounts he is healthy....even as thin as he is...they didn't even bother with the 'attitude' test....no issues with humans or other dogs.

This is him on the ride home....

And this is him within 30 min of getting home....I introduced him to the cats....all he wanted to do was say hi.....our cats were not being very hospitable.....he drank....pooped in the yard....and now is camped out at my feet.

If I go anywhere....he follows me.

Of course I don't expect him to have too much energy....he had his nuts chopped off this morning (I can relate).

He is going to be a BIG dog....he is already at 68 lbs.....I can see him hitting 80 lbs +.

What else is nice....I can open the kitchen door....tell him to stay....and he does not try to rush out....

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
jbfan (07-27-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #2

Congrats!

Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
JOATMON

A bit of an update.....

The guy is working out better than we expected....best part....no issues with other kids or him trying to get away....we can leave the doors and gates open and he stays in the yard....if we tell him to go back into the house...he goes.

He has not tried to eat the cats...and they are getting braver and braver each day....hopefully within a month or so, they can come in and eat and not worry about the dog.

The guy is putting on weight nicely....starting to fill out....very healthy poops....'very healthy'....and stinky....

This is him after a bath on Sat....the bath was easy.....he just wanted to rub his nose on the ground.....

Over the weekend I made a couple of nice wood gates....until last night, they looked great....he was left alone for a few hours.....and well...this is the result...we need to get him a teething ring....

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Stuck in the 70's

Oh my.

Yep. BTDT, with my little girl.

Best advice is exercise. Lots of it. Walk him, run him, bicycle, roller-blade, skateboard, you name it.

I have found a direct correlation between the amount of exercise Tobi gets, and the amount of damage she does.
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
Exterior Construction

Congrats big guy.

I like you even more now having seen you rescue a pup!!!
Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote