Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Retired from the grind
 
gregzoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest - Central Illinois
Posts: 14,277
Rewards Points: 2,216
Default

Nashville Restaurant Owner Died Of Carbon Dioxide Poisoning In Cooler, Likely Overcom


The restaurant had been closed for the weekend because of a planned power outage. Dry ice -- frozen carbon dioxide -- had been used to keep food cool for the weekend, police said.
When Luther went to check on the food Sunday night, he became trapped. The internal latch had been malfunctioning before the weekend, police said.


http://abcnews.go.com/US/nashville-r...2#.T-Enu9PRIUs

__________________
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
DIY staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kane county,Illinois
Posts: 21,859
Rewards Points: 2,366
Default

Nashville Restaurant Owner Died Of Carbon Dioxide Poisoning In Cooler, Likely Overcom


Well,that was an uplifting thread!

Any thing else you want to cheer us up with?

__________________
New members: Adding your location to your profile helps in many ways.--M--
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Retired from the grind
 
gregzoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest - Central Illinois
Posts: 14,277
Rewards Points: 2,216
Default

Nashville Restaurant Owner Died Of Carbon Dioxide Poisoning In Cooler, Likely Overcom


Did you even go read the story.
__________________
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
DIY staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kane county,Illinois
Posts: 21,859
Rewards Points: 2,366
Default

Nashville Restaurant Owner Died Of Carbon Dioxide Poisoning In Cooler, Likely Overcom


Yep--Fellow overcome by CO2 while stuck in a cooler packed with dry ice---

Shame really---I have had a scary experience while driving a truck loaded with cooler packed in dry ice.

We were all falling asleep---
__________________
New members: Adding your location to your profile helps in many ways.--M--
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,919
Rewards Points: 2,108
Default

Nashville Restaurant Owner Died Of Carbon Dioxide Poisoning In Cooler, Likely Overcom


The rest of the story, including the police screw up.
http://www.wkrn.com/story/18815683/g...afe-east-death
__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.