Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Question

My wife and I found evidence of termites

Not as bad as it sounds---really funny
A few years ago My wife and I sold our lake home and was in the process of moving. We started in our attic storage and had a full load on the trailer and the pickup.
I started to close the tailgate and, to my horrow, it had termites crawling on it
We unloaded the truck and went through every box to determine where the source was. We found nothing but termites scammering throughout the beb of the truck
At that moment of horrow- I saw where the termites were coming from.
Since we sold our home ourselves, I had about six "For Sale" signs in various spots in the neighborhood. All post were treated --EXCEPT ONE
I had collected the signs and threw them in the bed of truck just reached over the side of truck bed and removed them. We then just pushed the boxes in the truck and didn't notice.
We both had a good laugh of relief

Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

funny but...

did the termites come with the sign post or was it due to locals? Since the house is now sold, I suspect it won't make a lot of difference to you but it could affect the buyers.

and now comes the plaintiff claiming Giles and spouse , hereafter referred to as ; defendants, acted in a negligent manner by transporting termites to the property via a sign post which they recklessly left on the ground near the property so as to cause an infestation to be established. We seek damages in an amount required to totally rebuild the house purchased from defendants due to the extensive damages cause when the termite infestation converted our newly acquired lake home into a newly acquired pile of sawdust along the lake shore in a matter of 3 months time.

nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap View Post
funny but...

did the termites come with the sign post or was it due to locals? Since the house is now sold, I suspect it won't make a lot of difference to you but it could affect the buyers.

and now comes the plaintiff claiming Giles and spouse , hereafter referred to as ; defendants, acted in a negligent manner by transporting termites to the property via a sign post which they recklessly left on the ground near the property so as to cause an infestation to be established. We seek damages in an amount required to totally rebuild the house purchased from defendants due to the extensive damages cause when the termite infestation converted our newly acquired lake home into a newly acquired pile of sawdust along the lake shore in a matter of 3 months time.
I immediately sprayed all the termites I could see, the post was one I placed on the side of road about one mile away--maybe a few survived
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 22

I'll change the title---"My wife and I found SIGNS of termites"
Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
nap
You talking to me?

Quote: