Motorcycle Clubs. - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,270

Motorcycle clubs.

Gangs is what I should say. Anyone else find them just dumb? I'm not talking about guys who simply like to get together and ride but the gangs who act like idiots.

Discovery Channel has a new show called The Devils Ride. I'm watching the pilot right now and I can't help but cringe at the idiocy of these grown men. And the leader was in the military for 12 years. He's not so much an idiot, actually he's quite likeable, but most of the rest of the crew, the younger guys acting like children in middle school, bullying, only tough in a gang type mentality and with something to prove.

Maybe I'm just venting.

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,064

Motorcycle clubs.

I've known/know a lot of people who ride "cycles".
Some good - some not so good!
I don't like any type of "gang" mentality!
"RF"
(A lot of them are very good people!)

Advertisement

rossfingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
I'm Your Huckleberry

Motorcycle clubs.

I'm talking about the gang types, with prospects and all that dumb stuff taking place and all for what? Because they failed miserabley at being an individual. That's my take on it anyways.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

Motorcycle clubs.

I agree. It's all about creating that "bad boy" image. It's not as cool as they think it is...
planealexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 42

Motorcycle clubs.

I haven't seen the show yet but it's hard to believe they are true one percenters if they are doing a show. It seem like they would lose the respect of rival gangs. I do like the fictional show Sons of Anarchy though. There use to be a HA chapter in Binghamton Ny where I grew up. We would walk by the clubhouse and peek in. We use to go to their hangout when we were old enough to drink. As far as Hells Angels are concerned, the Binghamton chapter was pretty mellow I think. They are no longer there.
Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
I'm Your Huckleberry

Motorcycle clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim F View Post
I haven't seen the show yet but it's hard to believe they are true one percenters if they are doing a show. It seem like they would lose the respect of rival gangs. I do like the fictional show Sons of Anarchy though. There use to be a HA chapter in Binghamton Ny where I grew up. We would walk by the clubhouse and peek in. We use to go to their hangout when we were old enough to drink. As far as Hells Angels are concerned, the Binghamton chapter was pretty mellow I think. They are no longer there.
I don't believe anyone in the gang, called The Laffin' Devils, is an actual 1%er. The guy who started the club was a 12 year military vet who like other vets just needed to be around guys who knew what it was like, they started riding once they got together. In the first and only episode so far, in the end of it, he dropped his position from President as he didn't like what was going on with the newer and younger and possibly soon to be 1%er crowd. Not sure why he let them in to begin with but hey, that's the mentality of these guys.

They are a small group, not even maybe 50 deep. Started out five years ago with only 5 guys.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #7
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,098

Motorcycle clubs.

I prefer to ride alone. Done it for over 30 years now.

Plus, I have no desire to be part of any "gang" of any sort. I just like to ride.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 42

Motorcycle clubs.

Did check out the show today. They may not be outlaws. They do offer security for pay. Other than that and member dues, I don't know how they finance their operation. But I guess they wouldn't talk about any illegal activities they are up to on TV. I think Hells Angels was founded by vets returned from WWII but maybe not. Either way the name is based on a WWII fighter squadron.

Advertisement

Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote