Lowe's Bid On Roofing Best, But.... - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Lowe's bid on roofing best, but....

I've got a very large ranch house and need a new roof. The eye-opener, probably seems a little obvious, but man, as nice as "one level" living is, the roof will kill ya.

I've had pricing on 41 square, installed, ranging from $10800 - $13500, with Lowe's offering the best price with a 10% discount, coming in at $9800.

But...

I also know they use contractors, etc. and Owen Corning. The other two use GAF/ELK. (One of the contractors just did my neighbors house, it took 3 days, they needed 32 square, and the price was $5000 less, so that's what drove me to Lowe's.)

So, here's my question: Should I ask them who will be the actual roofers on the project? I cannot find anything ANYWHERE with recent information about anyone using Lowe's to install their roof. And, I am going to lose the discount if I don't act soon. (I'm currently unemployed as well and I'm using money from savings and doing a loan with their project center in order to get this done; if I need to put the house on the market in 6 months I think it will behoove me to have a new roof....as it is the first thing you see when you come up our road (I live in Asheville NC and the house actually sits slightly below the road).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a $10,000 mistake.

Advertisement

Jamesgangnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Moved to Off Topic since not a DIY question

Advertisement

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Hi, where is it then? The post? Thanks. (I figured this was the best forum to find an answer at this point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgangnc View Post
Hi, where is it then? The post? Thanks. (I figured this was the best forum to find an answer at this point).
We're good. found it!
Jamesgangnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaf , lowe's , lowes , owens corning , roofing