Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Looks like a good Christmas this year!

Well, the wife had to work on the day after Thanksgiving, so I "had to" take the kids and do ALL of the Christmas shopping... With prices so low, we "couldn't afford" to not get my gifts at the same time! Well, let's just say I asked Santa for a new 33 gal. Craftsman compressor, impact gun, air hammer, air ratchet, 20' of 3/8" hose, quick disconnects, air nozzle, 20' of 1/4" coiled air hose, a new creeper and a 1/2" corded drill for Christmas. I've been a really good boy this year, so I think I just might get it!

It wasn't just me, the wife made out pretty good, and the kids won't believe their eyes! (Their gifts aren't quite as exciting as mine )

What are you guys hoping for this year?

leroyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Been watching a 42" plasma for a few days now. Still haven't learned all the in's and outs of it, programming the rc, etc.. Wanting to build some sort of mantle to place it on the wall a little higher. This may have to wait a spell.
Wife seems to think it may be a little too big now. May just take getting used to. A few times I thought things looked out of proportion like ppl looked maybe 20lbs heavy. Haven't taken it back yet, got a few days to decide if we need a smaller one.

Last edited by boman47k; 12-04-2007 at 11:42 AM.
boman47k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

I've been a good boy this year too! My wife and I aren't exchanging gifts this year, but I've been spending oodles of money on "us".

We've had two HUGE presents this year. Our first major present was our first child born October 2nd. Our second major present was us selling the condo and moving into our first house 2 weeks later. (Note: I don't suggest having a baby and buying property within a 2 week time-span)

Since we got a new house, I had to buy all sorts of new stuff! Lots of paint, some new faucets, some new lighting, and I'm getting ready to start working on the unfinished basement.

My third favorite gift thus far this year has been the 47" LCD TV that we just picked up. I probably can't even remember all the other stuff we've bought since we moved. We're pretty much out of the money we got from the sale of the condo, so things should slow down, but we're off to a great start!

Merry Christmas!
perpetual98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Eibwen

Congrats P98 on the new helper in your crew!

I'm not watching for too much under the tree this year..

Time with family and friends.. A winning lottery ticket... etc. etc.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

I've been thinking about an LCD or plasma TV as well, but we can't decide yet. Our entertainment system is working fine, but I'm thinking of finishing our unfinished utility/storage room and making it into a media room. Our current living room would then turn into a billiard room with a wet bar. We picture a flat screen at the wet bar and possibly one above the upstairs fireplace. It's just a dream for now.

Congrats on the new arrival, p98! Sounds like you are having TONS of fun with your new house! I know I've had fun with mine so far. I bought mine back in Nov. of last year. It's great. Good luck with everything!

Good luck on the lotto ticket, Sammy! You know, you have to buy a lotto ticket in order to win... lol
leroyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Eibwen

Yeah I keep playing lotto and hoping... One of these days I'll get the numbers right and call in sick forever!!
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 10

Yes it is indeed a very good xmas for you becuase you bought a lot of good stuff. Well all I hope for xmas is that everyone will be happy.

provideurself is offline   Reply With Quote