Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Pro Flooring Installer

Share |

Just the beginning of Bin Laden

Does anyone think this is over? A year from now, there will be a photoshopped picture of Bin Laden, in a cowboy hat, riding a horse, hiding out on the Bush ranch in Texas. Or swimming with Elvis. How long before the first book claiming it wasn't his body? This will never end.

rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Wire Chewer

The way they did it is suspicious. I don't suspect anything and I'm not one for conspiracy theories but to me they should of made a bigger public thing so everybody can see with their very own eyes that yes, it's him, and he's dead.

This is not over though, more leaders will step in I'm sure.

Red Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Squirrel View Post

This is not over though, more leaders will step in I'm sure.
but will they be billionaires that had the money to actually finance the groups activities or some broke guy that lives in a cave because that is all he can afford?

bin Ladens money has allowed him to do a lot of things, including escaping capture for a long time. A person with less money would likely not be able to finance the compound where they caught him and many other acts bin Laden has done. As such, it will be more difficult for him to become well known and buy protection.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

Although we learned in Oklahoma that mass destruction can be caused by only a few, I agree; this guy had money, that is what made him so dangerous and so evasive. Is it over? No. Some of us were fortunate enough to grow up in a time and place where the Cleavers and Nelson's lived around the corner, and Andy Griffith was sherrif. Those days aren't coming back, but that doesn't mean that we have to be tolerant of bullies. As for conspiracy theorists, has anyone seen the pictures of a deceased Adolph Hitler? Not really too convincing, but there seems to have been little doubt. I believe that they got bin Laden, and that if any of us had been involved in developing a plan for "well, what now", a "burial at sea" probably presents the fewest complications to an already complicated matter. Assasinated? Personally, I prefer to think of it as KIA, because I have had no problem accepting the fact that, although not on the "traditional" battlefield, we are in fact at war.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #5

yes, a lot of these guys will have plenty of money funded by Iran and other groups . look at all these mosques popping up all over the place, they ain't cheap .
oldrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Jack of all - master none

Mosques have nothing to do with terrorism. That's like saying Mussolini came to power because of the number of Catholic churches.
hyunelan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunelan2 View Post
Mosques have nothing to do with terrorism. That's like saying Mussolini came to power because of the number of Catholic churches.

where does the funding for mosques come from ?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrivers View Post
where does the funding for mosques come from ?
Um, Muslims.

There is a difference between a Muslim and a radical Muslim. You do realize that, right?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap View Post
Um, Muslims.

There is a difference between a Muslim and a radical Muslim. You do realize that, right?

yes i do know that, but the difference isnt ones rich and ones broke . why do you say radical muslims are broke and have to live in caves and peaceful ones are rich and can build million dollar mosques ? you realize there are alot of support groups for radicals , and who exactly has control of bin ladens money now ? ever hear of hammas hezbolla there are hundreds of these groups .. the 9-11 operation wasnt exactly an expensive one . box cutters ? i have ten of those things .
Old 05-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #10

[quote=hyunelan2;640940]Mosques have nothing to do with terrorism.

im gonna have to say you have no proof on that . none of the mosques have anything to do with terrorism ? i agree not all of them do but im sure some do .. but my point was about money and who has it and who doesnt , we dont know that .
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
yes i do know that, but the difference isnt ones rich and ones broke . why do you say radical muslims are broke and have to live in caves and peaceful ones are rich and can build million dollar mosques ? you realize there are alot of support groups for radicals , and who exactly has control of bin ladens money now ? ever hear of hammas hezbolla there are hundreds of these groups .. the 9-11 operation wasnt exactly an expensive one . box cutters ? i have ten of those things .
I didn't but I also didn't make a blanket statement suggesting that if it's a mosque, there are radical Muslims in it.

the cost of the WTC attacks: let's see;

plane tickets to get to the US. Living expenses for, not sure but it seems like at least one of them was in the US for about a year; pilot school for at least one of the hijackers; airline tickets to get on the planes they crashed;

camera equipment to videotape OBL congratulating the newly departed. Cost of living expenses for OBL and his posse for a year or so (however long it was in the planning stages)

then of course we have the training camps any of them might have attended before coming to the US.

you see the knife as the sole cost of the attack when in reality, there was many thousands of dollars spent on the thing. That would be the same thing as saying it shouldn't cost hardly anything to get some stitches for a cut on your hand because they used a $3 needle and a dollar worth of string.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
nap
You talking to me?

[QUOTE=oldrivers;640965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunelan2 View Post
Mosques have nothing to do with terrorism.

im gonna have to say you have no proof on that . none of the mosques have anything to do with terrorism ? i agree not all of them do but im sure some do .. but my point was about money and who has it and who doesnt , we dont know that .
and some of the Christian churches are where those dang KKK members go. I guess we need to burn down all the Christian churches because some KKK members attend some of them.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #13

[quote=nap;640987]
Quote:

and some of the Christian churches are where those dang KKK members go. I guess we need to burn down all the Christian churches because some KKK members attend some of them.

the federal govt has and does go after radical white supremist groups and other groups. but the diffenerence is the church doesnt neccesarily sponsor their illegal activites . remember waco texas they brought tanks in there .

a few years ago they broke up a supposed white supremist group in michigan .

im just pointing out that your way underestimating the power and money these radicals have acces to . i dont believe lack of money is going to stop them .
Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
the federal govt has and does go after radical white supremist groups and other groups. but the diffenerence is the church doesnt neccesarily sponsor their illegal activites .
so, you are saying the mosques do sponsor terrorist activities?

Quote:
remember waco texas they brought tanks in there .
ya, I know a girl that was slated to be the whacko's wife. She got out a couple months before it all went down. Spooky stuff.

but I thought you said the Christian churches didn't sponsor illegal activities.

So far, you have one example from one religion, that itself was born of radicalism. How about the other 449000 churches in the US.

Quote:
a few years ago they broke up a supposed white supremist group in michigan
. I'm at a loss as to whom you are speaking of.

Quote:
im just pointing out that your way underestimating the power and money these radicals have acces to . i dont believe lack of money is going to stop them .
nothing short of them dying is going to stop them but the loss of OBL's funds is likely to stir things up. As well, taking out the figure head of any operation that depends so much on the members reverence of the leader is obviously going to shake them up when that leader dies. When the figure head is why a group does something rather than some true desire to effect change, losing that leader can be devastating to that group. OBL was Al Quaeda in many ways.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #15

what illegal crime did david coresh commit ? and theres no proof it was even a christian church anyways. yes im sure out of the thousands of mosques some have sponsored terrorism but that wasnt even my point. so ill drop that . i

let me get back to the point , you said future terrorist wont have money, i disagree . my point about the mosques wasno one knows where the millions are comming from to build them . how do you know they dont sponsor terrorism ?