Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #1

Share |

Ironing Center

I have an office that also serves the purpose of an ironing room as our laundry room is extremely small. I currently have an ironing board set up as a fairly permanent fixture in that room. I am looking for a way to conceal my ironing board, iron, etc. in the room when it is not in use. Does anyone have suggestions on some type of wall unit that can be closed up when not being used to be more appealing aesthetically, but also be as functional as a normal ironing board when being used? I have tried the door hanging models, but all have been very low quality...

Cbeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #2

Ironing Center

They make wall units,etheir mounted on the wall or within,Google it because there are alot of them out there.

Ravenworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #3

Ironing Center

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at several of those, but they look like a compromise functionality wise compared to a traditional ironing board (either by the length of ironing space or sturdiness). I am wondering if it would be better to try to construct something myself-not that I have the time!...
Cbeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #4

Ironing Center

Back in the 40's everyone had their ironing boards in the wall on their kitchen,more or less looked like a cabinet or a closet.
It would be doable .
Ravenworks is offline   Reply With Quote