I'm A Little Lonely This Morning. - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,304

I'm a little lonely this morning.

This has been a tough week for pets.

Sunday my young cat failed to come home for breakfast.

I found him along the street a block away---

Last night my old and faithful dog passed away--He was in pain and his time had come----I sure will miss the boys.---Mike---

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Learning by Doing

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh'mike View Post
This has been a tough week for pets.

Sunday my young cat failed to come home for breakfast.

I found him along the street a block away---

Last night my old and faithful dog passed away--He was in pain and his time had come----I sure will miss the boys.---Mike---
Oh, Mike. I am so sorry. This made me cry a little this morning. It sucks to lose two friends who love so unconditionally. I am sorry.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
fabrk8r

Rewards Points: 500

I offer my condolences Mike.

It hurts to lose such loyal friends and companions.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Jack of all - master none

Rewards Points: 530

My sincere condolences. I'm not sure I'll even be able to get out of bed when my dog's time comes around.
hyunelan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
DIY staff

Thanks everybody---They were good company---I'm glad for the time we shared.------
Old 04-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,184

Mike, I am very sorry to hear that. Pets aren't people, but they sure do fill a big spot in our hearts. I am definitely not a "cat person", but my wife is, so since they are more forgiving than a dog in regard to our relatively busy schedules, we have had 4 of them over the past 25 years or so, and I have to admit that I became quite attached to several of them. One in particular, I picked up in the middle of our gravel country road one cold fall morning, not more than a few weeks old, covered in mud, and no idea how it survived the night with pleny of owls and coyotes in our area. Our vet' nicknamed it Typhoid Mary, and said that it had minimal chance of survival, but it lived to the age of about 15 or so, and I still miss that darn pest.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterII For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
DIY staff

My favorite cat just showed up on the porch---We live in a somewhat rural area and the 'city folks' dump a lot of unwanted and abused pets here.

The kids started to feed it---then the weather began to get cold----Well you know the end of this story.

The kids grew up and moved away---and Schnoodle lived out a long and comfortable life here,Missing the kids as much as me.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
Coconut Pete's paella!

Sorry to hear that!

My wife just succeeded in talking me into getting a dog 6 weeks ago after 3 years of trying. We've only had her for 6 weeks but I love that d@mn dog, so I can only imagine how you feel.
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
uva uvam videndo variafit

Sorry to hear that, Mike. My dog turned 9 earlier this month and while he's still in great shape and runs around like a puppy, I can't help but realize that there are only a few more years left. People that don't have pets will never understand why they are important to those that do.
WirelessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
the Musigician

Sorry to hear this, Mike.

DM
Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willie T For This Useful Post:
BigJim (04-30-2011), chrisn (05-07-2011), DUDE! (04-29-2011), gma2rjc (05-15-2011), rusty baker (04-29-2011), VIPlumber (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Wow, that is impressive. Biscuit turned 12 in January and I can see her slowing down. She still insists on taking me for my walk twice a day. After 12 years, she is not a pet, but a family member. Losing her someday will be hard to face.
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

I think it originated in a Norwegian Legend. I'm not sure I have repeated it, verbatim, but I love to pass on the essence of the sentiment whenever someone is experiencing the aching loss we all have come to know.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #14

Sorry to hear that Mike, its never easy to lose one and I guess that is because, they are so special and dear to us.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,616

Sorry to hear of your loss Mike. Been there.
We had Wheezer for twelve years. She became slow and didn't see very well anymore but she was still a faithful companion always glad to see me come home.

We live on a farmstead but the highway is at the end of our long driveway. One morning on my way to work as I cleared the trees at the highway, there she was. I guess she just didn't see the car coming this time.

I dug a hole and buried her in a her blanket. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

My condolences.

Advertisement

oh'mike (04-30-2011)