Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 12
Share |

I Love my Surveillance System

Last week I tore into the little b!tch that ripped the top off one our our plants while walking by. No respect for other peoples property.

After that, my wife put a polite sign that said "Your being recorded. Please respect our flowers for others can enjoy them".

This evening I was at the sink and saw this little brat flipping off my camera and then trying to tear up one of the stalks....I guess she didn't expect what happened next.

I'm really hoping her parents see this on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezam...ature=youtu.be

One of the things I like about the system is that is also records audio...she would have a hard time trying to accuse me of verbal abuse.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2

It would be funny if some Poison Ivy happened to start growing there.

ChuckF. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckF. For This Useful Post:
gregzoll (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
Mod

Rewards Points: 8

I don't miss the city, not even just a little bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwikfishron For This Useful Post:
r0ckstarr (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 0

Are they growing out of the sidewalk, or are they in pots next to the side walk?
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
Last week I tore into the little b!tch that ripped the top off one our our plants while walking by. No respect for other peoples property.

I'm really hoping her parents see this on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezam...ature=youtu.be

.she would have a hard time trying to accuse me of verbal abuse.
You weren't verbally abusive this time, but what did you say to her when you tore into her last week?

Good luck with her parents seeing the video. That's only going to happen if you send it to them.

Kids do dumb stuff, could be a lot worse don't you think?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 50

You need to install a remote controlled sprayer, that has a tank of paint attached. That will stop the little brats.

Or go to Michael's and pick up some fake plants, that use wire inside. Attach the wires to a Electric fence unit. They will learn either way. Other is when you see them, go get the Gas Leaf blower, and as they start approaching, have it set up, to smother them with dirt, leaves and dog poo.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
After that, my wife put a polite sign that said "Your being recorded
"Polite"

also "good grammar" and "correct spelling"
JKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #8

Geez Greg...a little extreme doncha think? What if its a little kid that grabs one. They don't know any better.

Dawg: Loosing a few blossoms is to be expected when you plant on the sidewalk for anyone to touch. Im not saying the girls behaviour is acceptable, but it is within the scope of normal especially if you bawled her out the week prior. Adding the sign makes you a target for ridicule with that age group
Old 04-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #9
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
Geez Greg...a little extreme doncha think? What if its a little kid that grabs one. They don't know any better.

Dawg: Loosing a few blossoms is to be expected when you plant on the sidewalk for anyone to touch. Im not saying the girls behaviour is acceptable, but it is within the scope of normal especially if you bawled her out the week prior. Adding the sign makes you a target for ridicule with that age group
You are talking about today's brats. I mean stand up citizens. I remember when a group of us, that were around 9, got in trouble for throwing rocks into one of the backyards in a neighborhood I lived in.

Every one of us kids, got the belt or hand from our parents. Worst part was, that we had to work off what we did. By going there and picking up every rock in the yard, that got thrown into it.

Never did that again.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
TheEplumber (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #10

You threw rocks...this kid picked flowers that were in her path.

This past summer while out walking my dog one evening, I came across some neighbourhood boys throwing crab apples from their backyard out into the freshly paved highway. Their target was my real estate sign. One recognized me and hightailed it and left the younger ones aged 6-9 holding the bag.

I simply told them my sign cost me money and they haven't done it since. But the next morning the mess they made on the highway from being lousy shots was all picked up.

I bet Dawg himself and his own kids have done worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to creeper For This Useful Post:
JKeefe (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
Retired from the grind

It is a parenting issue with today's kids Creeper, not a kid problem. Due to the medical community, along with the educational community has decided that it is bad to discipline our children.

We end up with the Stand up citizens of the community, like you have dealt with. Same as Ddawg. Bring back a good swat on the rear with a belt or back hand on the rear, things will change really quick.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #12

I pretty sure Granny and likewise her Granny before her said the same thing. Every generation thinks the next one is out of control. (Back in the day we had to walk uphill ten miles to school...both ways)

For sure discipline has changed but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Those that engage as parents are still effective in the methods they choose...not every kid needs to be spanked.

And those that are out of it as parents would have been out of it 50 years ago.

Lets ask Dawg:
If it was your little girl that picked a flower would you give her the belt or a backhanded whack?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #13

I would definitely keep that camera pointed at your Jeep for the next few weeks.
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #14
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
I pretty sure Granny and likewise her Granny before her said the same thing. Every generation thinks the next one is out of control. (Back in the day we had to walk uphill ten miles to school...both ways)

For sure discipline has changed but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Those that engage as parents are still effective in the methods they choose...not every kid needs to be spanked.

And those that are out of it as parents would have been out of it 50 years ago.

Lets ask Dawg:
If it was your little girl that picked a flower would you give her the belt or a backhanded whack?
This current generation is way out of control. That includes most of the parents that they live with. If you had watched the video, the so called little girl, did not pick a flower. She is vandalizing the property of the OP. With the knowledge that she is doing so.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #15
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 12

Come on guys....unlike me, my wife knows how to spell and use proper grammar
Attached Thumbnails
I Love my Surveillance System-image-435296037.jpg  

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
gregzoll (04-04-2014), propman07 (06-06-2014)