How To Reduce Dust Coming Into My Home? - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

How to reduce dust coming into my home?

Every night I always clean my home clearly, but because there are lots of dust coming into my home from the street, after only a night, my home continues dusty again >'< I have to spend a lot of time to clean my home, and it makes me tired.

Please help me resolve this problem

Advertisement

MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Dust is naturally in the atmosphere, but some areas have more than others. If you live on a dirt road for instance, there will be more dust when it's dry.
You might have dust coming from construction nearby.

The best way to control dust, is to keep your windows closed, and use filters.
There are several types of filter which you can use, and I cannot recommend anything specific.

Moving to a different location; higher altitude will usually help. There is definitely less dust in the air at 5,000m than there is at sea level

Sherpa

Advertisement

Sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
The best way to control dust, is to keep your windows closed, and use filters.
There are several types of filter which you can use, and I cannot recommend anything specific.
i recommend staying away from the pleated type of filters. not only are they expensive, but the thicker material used in their can actually put a strain on forced air systems. ive spent more than one occasion trying to figure out why a furnace/air handler wasnt working correctly only to eventually replace the pleated filter with the cheap $1 throwaways and have everything return to working order. it's the first thing i check now on certain calls.
PA_DIY'er is offline   Reply With Quote