How Is This Estimate - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How is this estimate

Just wondering how this estimate seems. I'm really trying to go with this guy, due to previously dealing with him and he knows my situation. Here is the run down.

For gas and tankless water hookup.

House already has CSST. The job consists of:

Run 2 ft hard pipe to exterior via existing hole in wall to gas meter and connect hard pipe to CSST.

Install 6 shut off valves to existing CSST.

Connect downstairs line to HVAC unit. Run 12-15 feet of CSST and connect to upstairs Unit.

Install tankless water heater and tie into old water lines. Vented on wall (I'm making hole for vent.

Estimate is for $1600, I supply tankless water heater. Does this sound about right? I also take care of permit and permit fees.

Advertisement

NowItsShowtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
liscenced electrician

Rewards Points: 512

How is this estimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowItsShowtime View Post
Just wondering how this estimate seems. I'm really trying to go with this guy, due to previously dealing with him and he knows my situation. Here is the run down.

For gas and tankless water hookup.

House already has CSST. The job consists of:

Run 2 ft hard pipe to exterior via existing hole in wall to gas meter and connect hard pipe to CSST.

Install 6 shut off valves to existing CSST.

Connect downstairs line to HVAC unit. Run 12-15 feet of CSST and connect to upstairs Unit.

Install tankless water heater and tie into old water lines. Vented on wall (I'm making hole for vent.

Estimate is for $1600, I supply tankless water heater. Does this sound about right? I also take care of permit and permit fees.

its hard to judge without pictures or a description of the true work involved. Simple jobs can get very intense in situations, He may or may not have added money for situations that may or may not come up. That being said, im no plumber and have no idea what your talking about

Advertisement

jimmy21 is online now   Reply With Quote