Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Houston Texas

Texas sure has the good weather this time of year. 70 degrees is mighty comfy compared to 0.
Houston has a very good lookin downtown that has sports complexes-a-plenty. They sure take their sports seriously. I am glad I left before the Cowboys lost. 'whew'
There was a restaurant called the Aquarium that had walls of Fish and Sharks, and rays and all other sorts of fish you could imagine. Even a Ferris wheel and train outside that was all lit up. Place was packed and it was a Tuesday
I didn't go thru the tour of the actual aquarium...Didn't need to, there was already a bunch to see while eating.
A couple cool bars around town that I saw was one called the Flying Saucer. No biggie...just a cozy downtown bar with plates on the wall.
The Wild Wild West bar was a nice size bar with everything from cowboy music to hip hop. Interesting....
Other than that I was at convention in Houston where I met Amy Wynne Pastor from Trading Spaces. She will be the next Spokesperson for CarpetOne. Should be good for us. I personally never watched her show, but I hear she is very liked.
Turns out she wears a cool lookin ring that she bought from Saturday Market in Portland, my old stompin grounds. I thought that was cool.
Overall I think Houston is a fun town to hang out in. But I am glad to be back home. Even thought it's 70 degrees less........

Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #2

Houston Texas

Glad you made it back! Hope you weren't on Sunday's milk run.

wfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to JDuc Send a message via AIM to JDuc Send a message via MSN to JDuc Send a message via Yahoo to JDuc

Houston Texas

I grew up in Houston....there's a reason I didn't want to move back after graduating from College...

The Flying Saucer (The Saucer as it's known) is a chain. There's one up here in Dallas and up in Little Rock....I've seen it elsewhere too. Great place to go if you like beer...which we do!

Sure, it's 70 down there right now...but just imagine what that means for the summers...

ICK!
JDuc is offline   Reply With Quote