Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Home Depot Financing

Does anyone know when HD usually runs their 24 month financing deals? I need new appliances and would rather wait to get the flexibility to pay them off over time.

jonsmiley57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 2,108

Home Depot Financing

Are they competitive in pricing? You may pay more for the appliances just to get that deal. Personally I find Sears (in Canada) to have the best sales and deals but you got to watch their flyers/web site carefully and know your pricing. Every Saturday seems to be Super Saturday now and people don't pay regular prices there anymore. I buy the generic stuff as most appliances are made by the same company Camco or whoever anyway and stamped with a different name. I would use my low interest line of credit on my house B4 paying more at the depot or elsewhere. I bought 5 appliances at Sears, actually 4 and the dishwasher was too expensive so the salesguy slipped in a $50 coupon for some store opening early bird promo he had even though I was late and I bought the dishwasher . Worked 4 me. Have to know how to haggle with them.

Usually when you are buying several appliances these stores will give you a better deal if you haggle or start to walk away.

Last edited by yuri; 02-17-2014 at 10:04 AM.
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Home Depot Financing

I think the op might mean the no pay, no interest for 24 months promotion? Why not just call them and ask?

Be really careful to pay off the purchase within the time allowed. If you owe even 1 cent at the end of the contract you will pay accrued interest on the full amount for the full 2 years. Not just the portion left owing
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 2,108

Home Depot Financing

I know but if they are way overpriced to start with you may pay more in the long run. May be cheaper to get them at Sears and pay a bit of interest on a line of credit. The depot never has sales or good ones from what I see so you may be paying retail and how much interest do you really save. What does it cost in the end is what I would be interested in. Not everyone has a line of credit though. That "free" interest is probably built into the excessive markup so is not really free IMO. I don't believe there is anything free in this world, you pay for it one way or the other.

Last edited by yuri; 02-17-2014 at 09:00 PM.
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote