Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,204

Hey Ford Motor Company

back your stuff up. You have not built a single diesel engine worth buying since the 7.3. In the hvac forum you talk about the 6.7 Scorpion motor towing however many pounds. Who cares when a brand new 65k truck with less than a few thousand miles is broken down and YOU don't honor the warranty, saying it's "bad deiesel". Really, that's your excuse? Weak and by far comparing how much your truck can tow.

If you want to know how I know this, I'm a member of Ford Truck Enthusiast, Powerstroke Army, Competition Diesel and Diesel Bombers. And I own and drive the legendary 7.3, the only diesel you all have ever had that was worth a darn and that's because it was built by International/Navistar, not you.

Screw what your truck can tow, honor your warranty.

Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Holliday For This Useful Post:
HARRY304E (05-27-2013), rusty baker (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hey Ford Motor Company

You shoulda got the Ram

creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
I'm Your Huckleberry

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
You shoulda got the Ram
that's the Canadian version of the 6.7 diesel, weak. no thanks.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Architectural Sculptor

Rewards Points: 500

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
You shoulda got the Ram
Shoulda got a semi truck instead- more power and lots of cool gears

RWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post
Yeah something like this ??

That have 8-71N aka screaming 318 CV (hp)

Merci,
Marc
Old 05-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
I'm Your Huckleberry

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post

like this?

or like this..

or like ....

for creeper..

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05-24-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
World's Tallest Midget

Rewards Points: 504

Hey Ford Motor Company

IHC/Navistar also built the 6.0, so their reputation isn't exactly stellar either.
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Concrete & Masonry

Rewards Points: 2,026

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
IHC/Navistar also built the 6.0, so their reputation isn't exactly stellar either.
Navistar ran that engine in their own trucks (as the V365) and didn't have even a fraction of the problems Ford did with it...........
jomama45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 2,248

Hey Ford Motor Company

FORD

Found On Road Dead
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #10
I'm Your Huckleberry

Hey Ford Motor Company

A friend of mine has a 6.0 dually. He has no issues thus far but it's a simple daily driver that never sees any work. We performed an egr delete on it this past week which will bring the hp up thus leaving him in need of head studs. Apparently Ford used cheap Tiawanese head bolts (only 4 per piston versus 6 on the 7.3) on the 6.0 that stretch under pressure, literally lifting the heads off the block.

There are things that can be done to the 6.0 and it's red headed step sister, the following 6.4, to counter act the faults of their design, but it can become costly.

The 7.3 is by far the most reliable diesel motor they've ever produced, and it's Navistar. Just too bad it didn't pass emmissions and thus the EPA took it out of contention.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
Banned Electrician

Rewards Points: 162

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
back your stuff up. You have not built a single diesel engine worth buying since the 7.3. In the hvac forum you talk about the 6.7 Scorpion motor towing however many pounds. Who cares when a brand new 65k truck with less than a few thousand miles is broken down and YOU don't honor the warranty, saying it's "bad deiesel". Really, that's your excuse? Weak and by far comparing how much your truck can tow.

If you want to know how I know this, I'm a member of Ford Truck Enthusiast, Powerstroke Army, Competition Diesel and Diesel Bombers. And I own and drive the legendary 7.3, the only diesel you all have ever had that was worth a darn and that's because it was built by International/Navistar, not you.

Screw what your truck can tow, honor your warranty.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Mold!! Let's kill it!

Rewards Points: 2,012

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
A friend of mine has a 6.0 dually. He has no issues thus far but it's a simple daily driver that never sees any work. We performed an egr delete on it this past week which will bring the hp up thus leaving him in need of head studs. Apparently Ford used cheap Tiawanese head bolts (only 4 per piston versus 6 on the 7.3) on the 6.0 that stretch under pressure, literally lifting the heads off the block.

There are things that can be done to the 6.0 and it's red headed step sister, the following 6.4, to counter act the faults of their design, but it can become costly.

The 7.3 is by far the most reliable diesel motor they've ever produced, and it's Navistar. Just too bad it didn't pass emmissions and thus the EPA took it out of contention.
Ford didn't use any cheap Taiwanese head bolts. If anybody did it was Navistar/International, the people that built the engine. Having run a 6.0 for a number of years, I had no issues, but then I changed the filters when due and the oil. Too many people have the idea that because it's a diesel and supposed to be rugged, that they don't have to follow the maintenance rules. And my 6.7 runs even better and has plenty more power than the 6.0..... and I still change the filters and the oil when due. Towing? Yeah, I'll tow more than a 7.3 or a 6.0 or 6.4 and do it without any chip..... and do it with less fuel. And do all of that without the front end parts falling out of it like my son's sheeps head truck. Legendary as the 7.3 may be, it is still an IDI will never produce the HP and torque of the newer diesels. It wasn't the EPA that took it out. It was just the end of the line for IDIs.
Maintenance 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
World's Tallest Midget

Rewards Points: 504

Hey Ford Motor Company

Uh, the 7.3 Powerstroke was direct injection, not IDI.

And my iPhone tried to autocorrect IDI as IDIOT.
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
I'm Your Huckleberry

Hey Ford Motor Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintenance 6 View Post
Ford didn't use any cheap Taiwanese head bolts. If anybody did it was Navistar/International, the people that built the engine. Having run a 6.0 for a number of years, I had no issues, but then I changed the filters when due and the oil. Too many people have the idea that because it's a diesel and supposed to be rugged, that they don't have to follow the maintenance rules. And my 6.7 runs even better and has plenty more power than the 6.0..... and I still change the filters and the oil when due. Towing? Yeah, I'll tow more than a 7.3 or a 6.0 or 6.4 and do it without any chip..... and do it with less fuel. And do all of that without the front end parts falling out of it like my son's sheeps head truck. Legendary as the 7.3 may be, it is still an IDI will never produce the HP and torque of the newer diesels. It wasn't the EPA that took it out. It was just the end of the line for IDIs.
I'll put my 7.3 against your 6.7 any day. Just say when, I'll pull your truck into two pieces. Just let me get my new turbo and injectors in first.

my truck will be on the road long after your truck has died. And yes, a diesel is supposed to be rugged, for work. There's no other reason to own a diesel, and yes,they went all Princess when they came out with the 6.0 and all thereafter.

Early 7.3 (up until 1995.5) were idi's. After (also known as late model) are direct injection as mine is. Yes, the EPA took it out (do some research on the matter as I did when hunting for a diesel) but then again they took all other diesel trucks of the same era out as well as none of them passed emmission standards.

In Winter in the 7.3's people use half gasoline and half diesel, burns hotter, starts better, runs better. You can not do that on any other diesel after by Ford. It will kill the truck.

Not saying the 6.7 isn't powerful, but I'll be darned if brand new it's anywhere near as reliable as a 7.3 with half a million miles on it. And with just a few bolt on parts the 7.3 easily trumps the 6.7's power, idi or di. There's an 875 hp early idi F250 Powerstroke out there. Just one of dozens. I'll have to hunt for the video of that one but in the meantime..

Old 05-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
I'm Your Huckleberry

Hey Ford Motor Company

You're talking to a diesel truck enthusiast, mainly drag racing. I know what a Powerstroke can and can not do and pretty much there's nothing it can not do, at least the 7.3.