DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Off Topic (
-   -   Help with a project (

Tinkerer 01-06-2010 07:57 PM

Help with a project
1 Attachment(s)
Wasn't sure where to post this one...I am making a music stand for my son. I got the book shelf done for Christmas and I was planning on makinig a wooden stand for it to ensure it wasn't top heavy. For the support pole, I wanted to use a brass tube that was adjustable (like the paint roller extension poles, just turn it to loosen and turn the other way to tighten) so that he can adjust the height. I have an all brass stand like this but I have no idea where to look for this piece or what to call it. I've called Rockler and a couple of local "crafty" places and they haven't a clue. Anyone know where I could get this piece? If not, any ideas on where to get thick wall brass tubing that I could thread?

pyper 01-07-2010 09:37 AM

Hey, that's a nice design for a music stand!

I have a wooden music stand that my dad gave us, but it's all cherry.

If you *must* have brass I can't help. If you just want an adjustable pole you could buy a microphone stand and be done. If you want decorative metal, you could make it from copper -- 1/2" sliding inside 3/4". Adapt something like this for the fitting to hold the 1/2" piece in place:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1