Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
JOATMON

Share |

HD Help Complaint

Just when you think the big box stores don't care about you....along comes Aaron Brown (yes, that is his name).

I went in this morning looking for solid wood strips to lock two female pieces of wood flooring together. I'm down to the last few threads on my stairs...and I don't have enough wood with the male portion of the strip....but I have plenty of pieces with the female grove....so all I need is the strip.

They didn't carry it. Aaron had never heard of it.

So he goes and talks to his manager....comes back 2 minutes later....asks me how many pieces of wood I need....hands them to me....Free.

It's only 3 pieces....but sure beats having to buy a $50 box of bamboo for just 3 pieces.

So....my complaint....they don't have enough Aaron Brown's at HD.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
gmaint (Yesterday), oh'mike (Yesterday), Startingover (Today), TheEplumber (07-26-2014)
Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM   #2

HD Help Complaint

Here's a Ford dealership 'complaint'.

My husband and I were driving into Arches National Park on Friday, July 18th when my drivers license and the national parks pass we bought (for $80) slid down into the console between the 2 front seats of the Dodge van we rented. When you show the pass to the park ranger, you also have to show a drivers license, so I got them both out of my purse and set them there until the park ranger asked for them.

Well, as I was going to pick them up, I saw one corner of my drivers license still sticking out and tried to grab it but was too late. They both slid through a tiny gap in the console and were gone. We tried every which way to get to them, even unscrewing two screws on each side that seemed to be holding the cover of the console in place. No luck.

Thankfully there is a Ford dealership in Moab, Utah - near Arches Nat. Park - so we drove there, hoping they'd have an available appointment and also hoping (praying) they would know how to take the thing apart and find the cards.

When we got there, I couldn't believe what happened. Two mechanics - I think they were Cory and George - came out and looked it over after we explained what happened. In the hot parking lot (the temp there was 101 F), they worked on it for 15 minutes and got both cards out for me. It wasn't easy. Between the 2 of them, George had smaller hands and was able to dig around until he felt them. He even commented about how it was lucky that he had smaller hands.

They put the console back together and George ran back inside the building to get 2 new screws to replace the old ones. After that, he ran back inside to grab a cloth and a can of foam cleaner and he cleaned the greasy hand prints off the console. I sure didn't expect him to do that. He really went above and beyond!

When he was done, I asked how much I owed and he said, "Nothing, I'm just glad we could help you out". I thanked him and offered him the $30 I had in my pocket, but he refused it. I handed it to him anyway and explained that we really appreciated what they did for us and thanked him again. He finally accepted it and said he'd split it with Cory. Meanwhile, my husband was inside the building and had given Cory $20... . It was well worth it! I kept wondering what we would have had to go through to replace my Michigan drivers license in Utah... on a Friday.

Anyway, I guess my 'complaint' is that we don't have enough Ford dealerships with guys like George and Cory. We're pretty sure that if this same thing happened where we live in Michigan that we would have had to make an appointment and would have probably been charged, which would have been completely understandable.

gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
gmaint (Yesterday), oh'mike (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #3
Hvac Pro

HD Help Complaint

There are good people out there you just don't hear about them in the mainscream media.

Pay it forward. I help lots of people and have had help appear for me when I really needed it and did not expect it. Doubt you get it if you don't help others.

Ford seems to have a better customer relations policy at least with the dealer I use. (Landau). Morale is very high and everyone is happy there. No problems with their work either. I have worked in lots of jobs with poor or no morale and it all starts at the top with the management and trickles down. They do surveys and actually try to keep a happy ship running which is refreshing considering the greasy history of car dealers.
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #4
Hvac Pro

HD Help Complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
Just when you think the big box stores don't care about you....along comes Aaron Brown (yes, that is his name).

I went in this morning looking for solid wood strips to lock two female pieces of wood flooring together. I'm down to the last few threads on my stairs...and I don't have enough wood with the male portion of the strip....but I have plenty of pieces with the female grove....so all I need is the strip.

They didn't carry it. Aaron had never heard of it.

So he goes and talks to his manager....comes back 2 minutes later....asks me how many pieces of wood I need....hands them to me....Free.

It's only 3 pieces....but sure beats having to buy a $50 box of bamboo for just 3 pieces.

So....my complaint....they don't have enough Aaron Brown's at
HD.
Good to hear. I have never had any complaints about HDepot. They probably had a broken box in back and took it from there. Does not hurt to ask. Pay it forward and help others and it comes back to you.

Last edited by yuri; Yesterday at 09:13 AM.
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote