I'm going to start my Holiday break with the happy knowledge that, this year, with lots of help from the forum I DIYed:
- re-wired, insulated, and renovated our sunroom, (started Jan 6, 2009 - finished Dec 22, 2009)
- re-wired, re-decorated, and installed a shower in one bathroom
- made re-production railings to replace rotting ones on side porch
- getting plaster repaired and repainted up the stairs and down the hall
- installed two new appliances
- installed new faucet and RO unit for the house
- installed many new light fixtures
- installed a formal rose garden in a former mud pit
- planted 30 shrubs and perennials
- and many more projects too nominal and numerous to mention.
Thanks for all your help and all your humor!
If I could only remember to THINK about what I was doing before I did it.