Got Teeth ? - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Got teeth ?

Two of the greatest gifts that a parent can give their child is the opportunity to acquire all the education they want and how to maintain healthy gums and teeth.

Advertisement

Jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,098

Got teeth ?

Okay... And?

Advertisement

DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Got teeth ?

AND....not flossing can lead to absess, gingivitis and periodontal disease. All serious stuff. A sudden tooth absess needs medical intervention because that infection can spread to the brain and heart within days and then you are dead. Periodontal disease can lead to heart disease. Slower but still dead.

Besides not flossing is gross.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Learning Things Every Day

Rewards Points: 500

Got teeth ?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 25

Got teeth ?

Yep, that's true alright. It's a shame seeing children at such a young age with horrible teeth. Severe yellowing and caked on tartar...ugh. What are some parents thinking?
planealexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

Got teeth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
AND....not flossing can lead to absess, gingivitis and periodontal disease. All serious stuff. A sudden tooth absess needs medical intervention because that infection can spread to the brain and heart within days and then you are dead. Periodontal disease can lead to heart disease. Slower but still dead.

Besides not flossing is gross.
Out of curiousity, how do you know all of this. (Aside from not flossing being gross). You are still living, yes?
hdpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #7

Got teeth ?

I'm not sure specifically, I just pick stuff up along the way. I heard about a guy dying after having a tooth ache for a few days.
In case there is any doubt in your mind, I practice strict oral hygiene and I do not have a mouth full of rot. The truth is I may be a little OC about keeping my teeth as white as possible
Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 10

Got teeth ?

Fair enough. I just couldn't resist asking how you knew so much about ways to die relating to oral hygiene .
hdpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #9

Got teeth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpa View Post
Fair enough. I just couldn't resist asking how you knew so much about ways to die relating to oral hygiene .

Is that because you are a hygienist or a Dentist?

Say Yes to universal Oral health care!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 150

Got teeth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks View Post
Okay... And?

Sorry, I posted the thread before I went to work at 5:00 am and just got a chance to post again...

My wife is 68 , retired and getting ready to enjoy her "Golden Years" ... Not so golden now...

She has been struggling with bad teeth for 45 years now, a genetic carryover from her father. Crooked bottoms, weak gums and weak jaw bones. Many loose teeth, in pain constantly whenever trying to eat...

So 13 months ago she decided she had enough of the tooth pain. Did her research, got recommendations from her dentist for a oral surgeon and denture maker....

I took her to the oral surgeons office and one hour later she came out of the office minus all of her 18 teeth that she had, and new dentures stuck in her mouth with the bloody gauze.. The nightmare began that day and hasnt stopped for her for 13 months now...

She about starved the first 4 weeks after the tooth removal, lived on sucking liquids down and chicken noodle soup and lost 26 pounds. Pain, and more pain...

Dentures keep getting loose and cutting her mouth. Dentist says her jawbones keep shrinking so dentures will have to be adjusted many times...

Adjusted now every two-three weeks for a year now... Dentist says she needs anchor posts installed in her jawbones to hold the dentures, but her jawbones may not be strong enough to keep the anchor pins in. She is still in pain daily, not as severe but constant annoyance, no end of it in sight....

If parents will MAKE their kids take care of their teeth, hopefully genetic oral problems like my wife was born with would eventually go away. I am just sick for my wife. ...

No one should have to live their retirement years with a mouthfull of daily pain or any of their years at any time, for that matter. People with good teeth, feel very grateful for them and NEVER take them for granted. Sorry for the windy post.
Jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,098

Got teeth ?

^ Dang, man, I'm really sorry to hear about all that trouble she's having!

Advertisement

DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote