Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Retired from the grind

Share |

Going back under the knife

One of the screws holding the plate on the Cervical Vertrebrae is backing out, so two weeks on the 29th, I go back under. They do not know if the bone is too brittle. When the dr. said that, I swore there were dollar signs in his eyes.

He said, that I am only the second patient out of the hundreds he has worked on, that this has happened.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
STAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
One of the screws holding the plate on the Cervical Vertrebrae is backing out, so two weeks on the 29th, I go back under. They do not know if the bone is too brittle. When the dr. said that, I swore there were dollar signs in his eyes.

He said, that I am only the second patient out of the hundreds he has worked on, that this has happened.
Man, that is the pits Greg, hopefully this will be the last time they have to do anything to your back, we will be pulling for you.

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (09-16-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Electrical Contractor

Good Luck Greg!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

I wish that it was that easy. I was ready to go back to work, to sit at a desk all day. The great thing is, it feels like retirement. Of course, with that remark, you know what the wife sad about that one.

: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
Old 09-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #5

I'll be praying for you.
preacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:21 AM   #6

Greg,

Sorry to hear about the operation. Best of luck my friend.

I am looking going under the knife also, left knee is shot. Only 45 and I am breaking down, it sucks.

Derek
Code05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
Retired from the grind

Fun, fun, fun. At least the best thing about it, I get to have Ice Cream and graham crackers later after I am up to it that night. Makes you feel young, when you get treats like that in the hospital. Plus the nursing staff in the ortho ward at the hospital I am having the surgery at, lets just say that they are well worth it to have taking care of you. And yes, there are a few good looking females working in that ward, so don't tell the wife.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
A Little Of Everything

Godspeed, Bud. I hope you have a quick and full recovery!
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
Retired from the grind

Now if anyone wants to see pictures of the screw with a mind of its own, I can upload it. Now of course, using suggestions like the wife said to the doc that is doing my work, that also did her's and her grandmothers, like using the DeWalt cordless drill to screw back in, did not go over too well with me. Of course, his statement was "I will be around this weekend."
Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Retired from the grind

Yes, that top screw is not supposed to be sticking out like that. It does remind me about what my shop teacher always said about measure twice, cut once.

Name:  image-2788682121.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  13.5 KB

Old 09-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
A Little Of Everything

^ Pretty sure I can take care of that for you!

DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
STAFF

My stars, you are coming unscrewed!

That has got to hurt, it gives me the cold chills.

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiju1943
My stars, you are coming unscrewed!

That has got to hurt, it gives me the cold chills.
Yes it does. They put me back on Norco, since I can not have any Aspirin or other agents, that thin the blood.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks
^ Pretty sure I can take care of that for you!
Doc, you are real funny. Of course the one they use costs probably as much as my first time with this surgery.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #15

Best of luck and hope for a quick recovery to you, Greg. That picture gives me the chills too. >>shiver<<
Marqed97 is offline   Reply With Quote