DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/)
-   -   Gas prices (http://www.diychatroom.com/f39/gas-prices-160428/)

rusty baker 10-17-2012 11:40 PM

Gas prices
 
Gas is back down to $3.34 here. Bought some in Kansas City last Monday for $3.29. Is it going back down everywhere?

chrisn 10-18-2012 04:12 AM

NO:furious::censored:

rossfingal 10-18-2012 10:00 AM

We've gone to a low, of about -
$3.99
What a bargain! :(
I remember when gas was about 35 cents to 39 cents a gallon!
"RF"

Doc Holliday 10-18-2012 12:37 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's four thousand words. :)

Stupid debit card cuts me off at the pump at $100 so I had to start again to fill up completely to the fill neck.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0167.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0172.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0169.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0168.jpg

Jackofall1 10-18-2012 12:53 PM

$3.40's here in Tiger land.

Doc, you really need to consider filling that thing up earlier, before you need 36 gallons in a 36 gallon tank.

Mark

Doc Holliday 10-18-2012 01:57 PM

38 gallon. It'd be nice but sometimes I run low on funds while waiting on pay day. I usually fill her up once every week or two. I don't let her get under the 1/4 tank mark. Once I get there and I have no funds I drive the min van. :)

rossfingal 10-18-2012 04:25 PM

This was a few years ago.
Had a 1 ton, Ford Van - great truck!
It had dual tanks - somewhere in the 40 to 50 gallon capacity - between the 2 tanks.
Quite often, during a 7 day, work week -
At least 2 days out of the week I would start with both tanks full and by
the end of the day - both tanks empty!
If I had to deal with that now -
All I'd be working for, is to pay for my gas -
Sorry - can't afford food, rent, utilities, insurance etc...!!

"RF"

noquacks 10-18-2012 07:06 PM

Geeza, gas prices here in Florida and California are soooo cheap.

Just paid $10.50 or so per gallon. In Italy (last 2 weeks). Im glad prices are down here....LOL

I think in Norway theyre about $12.00/gal. And theyre a big producer!

noquacks 10-18-2012 07:09 PM

Biggest scam is the Deisel hoax. Its cheaper to produce but market charges more $$ for it! Thas on top of the fact that deisel gets about 40% better mileage, Sheesh. Why dosent Obama or the other phoney candidate (may have to vote for him, who knows...) push deisel more. Instead, theyre pushing green fuels........

Doc Holliday 10-18-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossfingal (Post 1033469)
This was a few years ago.
Had a 1 ton, Ford Van - great truck!
It had dual tanks - somewhere in the 40 to 50 gallon capacity - between the 2 tanks.
Quite often, during a 7 day, work week -
At least 2 days out of the week I would start with both tanks full and by
the end of the day - both tanks empty!
If I had to deal with that now -
All I'd be working for, is to pay for my gas -
Sorry - can't afford food, rent, utilities, insurance etc...!!

"RF"


Just bought this Scan Gauge II a few days ago. Monitors engine performance such as oil and trans temp, volts, ICP, IPR, throttle position sensor, exhaust back pressure and much, more such as fuel economy and what's left in the tank. Also, if the check engine light ever comes on and there's actually something wrong it'll scan for the codes and if you want it'll clear the check engine light.

Anyway, my diesel mileage from the other night. Not bad for 3/4 ton diesel truck.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0194.jpg

jomama45 10-18-2012 07:40 PM

Imagine being an owner/operator of a semi tractor, paying for your own fuel, and using 100+ gallons a day................:eek:

jomama45 10-18-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Holliday (Post 1033571)
Just bought this Scan Gauge II a few days ago. Monitors engine performance such as oil and trans temp, volts, ICP, IPR, throttle position sensor, exhaust back pressure and much, more such as fuel economy and what's left in the tank. Also, if the check engine light ever comes on and there's actually something wrong it'll scan for the codes and if you want it'll clear the check engine light.

Anyway, my diesel mileage from the other night. Not bad for 3/4 ton diesel truck.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0194.jpg

Those are typically overly optimistic, and tell you what you want to see. Doing it long hand at each fill up will be much more humbling............

Marqed97 10-18-2012 07:46 PM

Not bad at all, Doc. Up here at the tip of Lake Superior gas has dropped from $3.99 down to $3.59 in 5 days. Diesel went from $4.05 to $4.29. I know we switched over to "winter blend" pretty recently. Maybe that's why. I commute 102 miles a day so I'll take any savings. Right across the bridge in Duluth you can find regular for $3.43. Only explanation I ever got was that they allow more ethanol in their blends. Probably BS but these days who knows. With my laptop using the Ford diagnostic software I can actually check the ethanol percentage after each fill up. Interesting to see how much variation there is.

rossfingal 10-19-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomama45 (Post 1033573)
Imagine being an owner/operator of a semi tractor, paying for your own fuel, and using 100+ gallons a day................:eek:

Back in the late 1970's, I was co-owner of a semi-tractor -
I don't remember; but, I think we were getting, about 5 mpg - diesel.
Yeah - diesel was cheaper than gas.
It's cheaper to produce - as stated above.

We figured our mileage a few times -
then, we ignored it.
Too depressing!!! :)

"DH"
If you're getting 15 mpg or above for a truck - not bad!
We got 5 mpg whether we were sitting still or going 115 mph!
Oh well!

"RF"

gma2rjc 10-19-2012 09:03 AM

Did anyone see/hear what President Obama said in the debate Tuesday night, regarding gas prices being so much lower 4 years ago (when Bush was in office)?

:eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.