Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,000

FREE KFC - print coupon tonite only!!

If you go on this site: oprah.com/kfc

You can print out a max of 4 coupons for a grilled chicken dinner, FREE!! With two pieces of chicken, one biscuit & 2 side orders.

This is the last day to print out & good only till the May 19th!! It works, I printed them out.

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,094

I talked to two other people today who printed these coupons with no problems. One person did it where she works and printed more than the 4 allowed.

I just tried to print one and it told me I've already printed the maximum number of coupons allowed. I hadn't even printed one yet.

When I was trying to print it, I had to install a program first for it to work. I did that, and now it won't let me uninstall it.

I think my computer is allergic to me. LOL

*edit* I got it uninstalled, I just had to turn the computer off first and turn it back on. It wouldn't let me close-out the oprah.com website.

Last edited by gma2rjc; 05-06-2009 at 08:43 PM.
gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2rjc View Post

I just tried to print one and it told me I've already printed the maximum number of coupons allowed. I hadn't even printed one yet.

It did the same thing to me. What a rip.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #4

I think the site is getting overloaded
Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #5

Probably. There must be a LOT of people trying to get coupons.

MAAANNNN! I sure feel sorry for anyone working behind the counter at KFC! Customers are going to be lined-up out the door.

I think we'll be hearing about it on the news tomorrow night. Mobs of people po'd because the line is slow, the coleslaw is warm and there's no more gravy. Chicken fights breaking out all across the country. Employees whipping biscuits at the customers' heads....... Oh, that darn Oprah, what was she thinking? ...

I wonder if they'll have an express lane for customer's who don't have coupons.

Last edited by gma2rjc; 05-06-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #6

Well they "ran out" of chicken

How the heck does KFC run out of chicken????
So they wanted you to GO to a local KFC to get a rain check
Are you freekin kidding me?
Seems like their way of weasiling out of all the coupons printed
I sent them a nasty E-mail & then sent me $4 in coupons

Uh...I had 4 coupons valued at $4 each
Rip-off
Old 05-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #7

Welcome to the club. We tried to use ours (a friend gave us 2) a few weeks ago. The girl taking our order looked like she'd seen a ghost when we handed her our coupons. She honestly looked scared!

She got her manager to come over to talk to us. I felt like a big bully and all I did was present a silly coupon. I don't think it had anything to do with the gun I pulled out of my purse --- just kidding!

The manager told us, "I got a call Thursday night telling me not to accept these anymore". Then she handed us a piece of paper to put our names and addresses on and stapled our coupons to it. I guess we'll get ANOTHER coupon, in the mail. I doubt it will taste as good as the food we were going to order .

Needless to say, we left without ordering anything.

Oprah sucks!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

I downloaded 4 coupons. It did take two tries, but not a big deal. My wife and I went to a local KFC, and spent maybe twenty pleasant minutes in line talking with some very interesting people while we waited. We expected a long, line, and we weren't disappointed. But the line moved very quickly... about 30 second each... when the customers didn't act like they were somehow entitled to special treatment for a freebie. Most conducted themselves like mature adults, but three or four whined and complained like little children.

And, yes, they operated two different lines. One regular, one coupon. Very efficient.

The food was OK, but I like the original better.

We took the second pair of coupons to another KFC a week later, and had to do the "rain-check" thing. That was just AWFUL. Took us a whole 15 seconds each to fill out the forms, and we have to actually WAIT awhile for eight dollars worth of free coupons to come in the mail. They are treating us so disrespectfully... making us wait for free food!

Can you guess who I didn't vote for?

BTW, we went ahead and ordered a fish dinner (they had a Long John Silvers in with them), and it was pretty good.

Last edited by Willie T; 05-24-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #9

The point is you already had coupons
There was NO reason to make people apply for rain checks
It was only a way of getting out of honoring the original coupons
Lots of people reported problems with using the coupons
Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #10

They had too many people going back with coupons over and over again - making multiple copies on copy machines. So they decided it would be cheaper to send a coupon. They'll be able to control the number of coupons being sent to each address.

I bet Oprah got to use as many coupons as she wanted! J/K

I wonder if the brain-child at KFC who came up with the Oprah/coupon idea still has a job. Maybe he got a promotion. Maybe he's now a 'team' leader who says, 'would you like fries with that?'. LOL. It would be interesting to know how much it cost KFC for the screw-up.

That's funny Willie, we also went to Long John's. But they're not in the same building.

I ordered the 'Plenty o' Grease' platter with a side of Crisco and instead of vegetable juice, I asked for the 20 oz. vegetable oil to drink. Yum!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #11
Man of many hats

Rewards Points: 268

Well, as usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short. I just read this post today. I went to KFC on Thursday and spent twenty-something dollars on a 10 piece meal with an extra side... got home and was quite disapointed with the size of the chicken. My first response was, "I wonder where the heck they find these Pygmy chickens?" The thighs had less meat than a normal drumstick and the drumsticks looked more like the 'drumettes' from a wing. I can't help but feeling sorry for some poor hen in Autralia running around procaliming "The Colonel stole me baybee.." Tasted great... much like chicken! Maybe it was due to the big run they've had on chicken from the coupons.
But today is Memorial day... a great day for remembering our military and those who have passed... I think after work I'll just have to go through a full-sized bird on the barbee.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #12

Poor planing on their part
I'd never heard of anyone allowing 4 coupons to be printed out
I'm willing to bet this was "fraud" on their part
They decided they didn't want to lose all the $$ honoring the coupons
There were bar codes on the coupons I printed
Once scanned that coupon code is no longer any good
Of course maybe they didn't have any way of properly scanning them in & being able to tell if they were already used

Bad publicity
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #13

Quote:
My first response was, "I wonder where the heck they find these Pygmy chickens?" The thighs had less meat than a normal drumstick and the drumsticks looked more like the 'drumettes' from a wing. I can't help but feeling sorry for some poor hen in Autralia running around procaliming "The Colonel stole me baybee.."

Quote:
Tasted great... much like chicken!
Sorta like squirrels, racoons, chipmunks, rabbits, worms, moths, etc. which mostly taste like chicke.......Hey, wait a minute!

Last edited by gma2rjc; 05-27-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #14
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Well maybe I was raised different than most. I don't really care for "O", but I think it was pretty neat of her to give a little something free to so many people. She didn't have to. Most rich people don't.

She is constantly criticized for her philanthropy. How ridiculous! And even using the pitiful excuse I've actually heard expressed, that only people with computers could get the coupons....... people well enough off to buy computers.

Stupid thinking! If this bothered someone, all they had to do was print out four coupons, use one themselves, and go down to the street corner and give the other three to hungry people holding up signs.

But did anyone? Doesn't sound like it. All I've heard is "I want mine! It's due me because "O" said it was. And she's a liar because we all somehow overloaded their expectations."

Good grief. It is free food. It still is. And you have to suffer the indignity of filling out a small form and waiting for the US mail? Honestly! Just how much of a Gimme, gimme, entitlement nation are we becoming?

I, for one, appreciate the fact that someone (despite their possible motives) thinks about others. Not one post here seems to reflect that kind of unselfish thinking.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
Well maybe I was raised different than most. I don't really care for "O", but I think it was pretty neat of her to give a little something free to so many people. She didn't have to. Most rich people don't.

Not trying to start an argument here but you really should check out how much folks like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet give for philanthropic purposes before making a statement such as this. Either one has given away more than O is worth many times over.

I believe, actually, that those very well of, financially, actually do donate huge sums of money. They just do not advertise is like Oprah does.

nap is offline   Reply With Quote