Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #1

Share |

Forum moderating

It goes without saying that I will not win a popularity contest here as I dont post to make friends or to create internet buddies. ...

I post topics that do not always "please" the readers. I post topics to where I get people to discuss real life situations, to get different viewpoints, to actually get people to stop and 'think" what is happening to our nation. I try to get people to not take what they read from the media as gospel and to also see what they are "not" reading from the media, is of grave importance.... We have but this one nation to live in, and it is changing in to something that once "transformed", few are going to like..

I stand firm in my beliefs and/ or my opinions as I am not a follower of what the "masses" choose to believe. I try to search for the truth in all topics and what I post usually doesnt set well with a lot of readers. I have been around for 60 years now and have witnessed a lot of truths and lies, and can indentify either quickly..

Everyone that comes to this "Off Topic" forum will soon figure out the posters they enjoy reading text from, and those they do not want to read text from. It is simple for most, they just do not click on the posts from those user names they dont want to read....

Sometimes there are posters like the two on my " Young and Jobs" thread that have made it their personal vendetta to derail and destroy it, note their (overkill) remark in their last posts. ...

They have the right to do that also, but if one reads the guidelines, the moderator asks for respect to other members when posting...

So moderator(s), this is my last post on what I thought was a decent forum. I realize that on very busy forums sometimes text and pics slip through the cracks that shouldnt be posted.....

For the moderators to allow the kind of derailment that has taken place on my Young and Jobs thread by the forum "pets" is blantant favoritism. It is sad, that if the forum owner/moderators had wanted me to leave this forum, they just didnt have the balls to PM me and say so, rather than letting their hatchet posters do the work for them. ...

And then again, maybe that is the way they choose to let this forum self moderate itself and they dont end up being the, "bad " guy.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 06-02-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: the moderator asks for respect to other members when posting...
Jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #2

Forum moderating

Jeeps,
I am sorry for my part on that silly derailment of your thread. No disrespect was intended. I' didn't mean to offend anyone. Just having some immature fun
Jan

Last edited by creeper; 06-02-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: sp
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
DIY staff

Forum moderating

Jeeps--this place is largely self moderating----

As moderators we ban spam--break up fights and keep the threads clean of nasty language--

After that, the members will do what comes naturally.

Your jobs thread was good and thought provoking---but after the subject had been discussed thoroughly--it followed the natural course and drifted into humorous chatter---

Just like a conversation---

If you can't stand the way other humans think and react when a subject has been beaten to death then ,perhaps writing a blog post would be best.

Our job is not to 'keep the thread on topic'---if the subject becomes boring and drifts off topic--so be it.

Mike
AtlanticWBConst. (06-02-2012), ben's plumbing (06-02-2012), BigJim (06-02-2012), Code05 (06-07-2012), drtbk4ever (06-07-2012), rossfingal (06-02-2012), rusty baker (06-05-2012), Willie T (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
the Musigician

Forum moderating

When people post ANYthing in Off Topic, they should expect it to go awry. That is the nature of the section, since it has nothing to do with DIY projects. DIY is why most of us are all here, not to open political discussions or rants. Leave if you feel you must, but please don't attempt to BLAME anyone for your problems here. That's what is wrong with this country, everyone blaming everyone else for their problems rather than attempting to find solutions. Politically correct is swiftly becoming laughable nonsense, is he our first white president because he's half white? Is he our first black president? No, he's our first mulatto president. Period. When you attack the moderators here that are simply trying to keep the peace, you are the problem and will not be missed if you decide to leave. Stirring up trouble and then whining about the results is unwelcome here, as I surmise it would be anywhere. Now I've had MY morning rant.

DM
ben's plumbing (06-02-2012), Code05 (06-07-2012), rusty baker (06-05-2012), Willie T (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
DIY staff

Forum moderating

Spaces,Danger,spaces.

Oh,sorry,I am adding humor to a serious and important thread.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
the Musigician

Forum moderating

When people post ANYthing in Off Topic, they should expect it to go awry.

That is the nature of the section, since it has nothing to do with DIY projects.

DIY is why most of us are all here, not to open political discussions or rants.

Leave if you feel you must, but please don't attempt to BLAME anyone for your problems here.

That's what is wrong with this country, everyone blaming everyone else for their problems rather than attempting to find solutions.

Politically correct is swiftly becoming laughable nonsense, is he our first white president because he's half white?

No.

Is he our first black president?

No, he's our first mulatto president.

Period.

When you attack the moderators here that are simply trying to keep the peace, you are the problem and will not be missed if you decide to leave.

Stirring up trouble and then whining about the results is unwelcome here, as I surmise it would be anywhere.

Now I've had MY morning rant.

There.

All spaced out.

Just like me.

Is that better?

DM
AtlanticWBConst. (06-02-2012), ben's plumbing (06-02-2012), BigJim (06-02-2012), gma2rjc (06-02-2012), oh'mike (06-02-2012), packer_rich (06-02-2012), rossfingal (06-02-2012), rusty baker (06-05-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
An old Tradesmen

Forum moderating

Expecting threads to stay on topic in the "Off Topic" forum, is a fruitless hope.

Perhaps if you had reported the off topic post. We may have done something. Depends on the threads actual topic. Some topics will simply bring off topic post no matter what. So that short of closing the thread, there is no way to keep it on topic.

Instead of reporting the post, you decide to make a thread about forum moderation. And complain that its not moderated enough. While most others probably feel its moderated too much.

We serve the forum as a whole, which does not necessarily mean the individual poster that doesn't like how his/her "thought provoking" thread is progressing.

Leave if you want, stay if you want. just don't expect "thought provoking" threads to progress the way you want.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
AtlanticWBConst. (06-02-2012), ben's plumbing (06-02-2012), rossfingal (06-02-2012), Willie T (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
the Musigician

Forum moderating

These generic aspirin aren't working to get rid of my headache any more.
Should I try a brand name product, or go see a different doctor?

Thanks!

DM
Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Forum moderating

If you post anything in the "Off Topic" section, and hope to keep it alive... go with the fluctuating flow, and keep it interesting. If you dogmatically insist on stating only your opinion, over and over, then develop thick skin.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willie T For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (06-02-2012), VIPlumber (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #10

Forum moderating

What expectations of this forum did you have that were not met?

Por favor, be specific.
Yoyizit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #11

Forum moderating

I thought the "Mods" are supposed to "pander" to all us users/abusers -
every "whim" and "fancy"!
Huh!?!
"RF"

(Much better "spacing" DM - see, the "Mods" are responsive!!)
(--M-- cut out the humor!)

Last edited by rossfingal; 06-02-2012 at 05:40 PM.
rossfingal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossfingal For This Useful Post:
gma2rjc (06-02-2012), oh'mike (06-03-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #12

Forum moderating

Hey -
When are we going to get the previously, mentioned -
"thought provoking" threads???
(Since when are we supposed to think???)
"RF"
The Following User Says Thank You to rossfingal For This Useful Post:
gma2rjc (06-03-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #13

Forum moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
These generic aspirin aren't working to get rid of my headache any more.
Should I try a brand name product, or go see a different doctor?

Thanks!

DM
Take two aspirin - don't call me in the morning!!
Get a second opinion!

Thanks!

Rossi
Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
Mod

Forum moderating

I think we need C&D back to continue where they left off.

Let’s bring this thing around full circle.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwikfishron For This Useful Post:
gma2rjc (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
the Musigician

Forum moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfingal View Post
Get a second opinion!
Oh sure.... then I'd have TWO doctors saying I smell bad and my wife dresses me funny.....

DM