Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Tileguy

Share |

Federal Express

Check this out.

This is a delivery of a computer monitor being made by a Federal Express employee. They have time sensitive delivery quotas you know?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #2

Federal Express

Yeah!
Saw that on the news this morning.
What!!!???
What does "FedEx" stand for? -
"Fed Extermination" - all the useless, gifts - that you didn't, really want?
We'll take care of it for you!
(Full service, delivery - at it's best!)
RF

rossfingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
the Musigician

Federal Express

They showed that here on the news too, about 8 times in a row.... again and again he threw that monitor over that fence....

Do ya think he has a job today?

I wonder how many people will use UPS and the USPS now instead of fed-ex because of that guy?

DM
Old 12-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #4

Federal Express

Well, they also showed employees from "UPS", in action.
(Those "pesky", cameras!!)
Not much "good news" there!
"FedEx" released a statement - the person on that video is going to be
dealt with, through - "Internal", "Disciplinary", measures!
We're safe now!!
(Can you say - "Spindled", "Folded", and "Mutilated"!?!)
RF

Oh, by the way - the package that was thrown over the fence - computer monitor -
Broken!!

Last edited by rossfingal; 12-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.
rossfingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #5

Federal Express

Yes Bud...He is very diligent about arriving on time. Obviously this self centered moron is jealous that the recipient of the potentially damaged computer, appears to live a more privileged lifestyle.
What a buffoon
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Electrical Contractor

Federal Express

Ups at least rings the doorbell before he runs back to the truck.
Fedex leaves the package on in the middle of the porch, and by the looks of most of them, he tossed them up the stairs.

You have slackers like that working for all companys, but only the bads one get caught on camera.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #7

Federal Express

A year or so ago there was a woman near here who was stealing UPS packages from people's front porches.

They video taped her doing it. She would follow the UPS truck around her neighborhood. After the driver delivered the package and drove away, she would pull up to the curb, have her young son get out of the car, run up and grab the package from the house and run back to the car.

Nothing like training your own son for a life of crime and imprisonment.

gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Tileguy

Federal Express

Quote:
Nothing like training your own son for a life of crime and imprisonment.
Well for a life of crime anyway.
The training for his time in prison will come later and be a hole other thing.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
Tileguy

Federal Express

I recently posted a short story related to Federal Express and their hiring practices the other day on another forum. I'll go get and bring it here, you guys will probably get a kick out it.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
Tileguy

Federal Express

This was originally posted on a flooring forum used by professionals.

Actually I came here to share something that would be funny if it wasn't for the fact it is so screwy and a sign of the times.

As most of us are well aware...this time of year, historically, work can get kinda sparse after the run-up to the holidays and peoples last minute attempts to spiffy up their properties for the holiday visitors has subsided.

In this area October and November is harvest time so this year I worked for one of my farmer customers hauling grain for a couple of weeks. He knew I had at one time many many years ago driven an eighteen wheeler for a while so when he came up short a driver he called me and I was glad he did. That all went very well. It only took me a few hours to refresh myself on driving a thirteen speed Roadranger.

Then not having much work scheduled I thought maybe I should see what I could find driving a truck of some kind. Just local stuff.

So I began watching the newspaper ads and of course it didn't take long to see that both UPS and Fed Ex was looking for seasonal drivers. The very first ad I responded to was one of a Fed Ex contractor looking for drivers to drive a one ton van or Penske-type rented box-bed.

Hey that's not bad, that way I wouldn't have to go get my CDL. A CDL wasn't required to drive the farm truck to haul grain and it also would not be a requirement to drive a little one ton van. A van just like I have owned for more than twenty years.

In talking with the company's owner I learned he subcontracted from Fed Ex to use unbranded trucks to move bulk packages from a major local distribution center to meet with branded trucks in remote towns so that they could do the home deliveries. Damn that sounded even better. Now I wouldn't have to wear a uniform and even better than that, I wouldn't have to be nice to a bunch of people and I wouldn't have hourly delivery goals to make my wages. I could maintain my usual surly bad attitude when I was driving that little ole truck all by myself and wouldn't have to put on a phony smiley face.

Well the short version is...I didn't get the job. I didn't qualify for the job. I didn't qualify for the job because I didn't have verifiable proof that I had driven a one ton van for the past three years. He said he had no way to verify my experience. I told him I was self employed and had been self employed for more than 48 years in total and all he had to do was ask me. I told him I could get a letter from my insurance carrier saying that they had been insuring such a vehicle for me for more than twenty years. No deal. I told him I could provide three years of tax returns verifying my self employment. No deal.

Keep in mind this guy at this point in time hadn't yet seen my resume. He had no idea who I was and hadn't yet done a background check or seen my credit report. This was simply a telephone conversation and no more.

He did however know my age. I volunteered that up front for some reason.

He didn't see my piercings, of which I have none. He didn't see my tattoos, of which I have none. He didn't see my four fully operable limbs and (almost) full head of hair and he hadn't shaken my hand and found it to be a softish girlish Nancy-boy handshake.

All he knew about me was my age and that I claimed experience in all the areas he was requiring experience in and I spoke fluent English. Hell, I didn't even use any fowl language with the guy. Now I ask you! What the hell was with this guy?

Age discrimination is apparently alive and well in this great country of ours.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
Tileguy

Federal Express

Now I certainly have no bones to pick with Federal Express, in fact I deal with them on a regular basis and find all of their personnel to be great men and women, and they pet my dogs and give them dogie-treats when they come here.

I would be remiss if I didn't add this little ditty about UPS.

I live on a farmstead. Around here nearest neighbors are always about a mile apart or more. Everyone knows everyone. We all have our names on our mail boxes. Mine is in reflective lettering. I did that so that Fed Ex and UPS could find me easily after dark during the winter months.

Last evening, UPS shows up here to deliver two packages. My son met the driver at the truck and I stood inside the door and smiled at the guy and said hello. Yes, I smiled at the guy.

My son took the packages from him and turned and handed them to me. I said "Thank You" to the driver and turned and walked back into the house and set the packages on the dining room table never looked at them. About an hour later my wife came home and as she walked through the door she picked up the packages and ask why the neighbors packages were at our house.

H-m-m-m-m, I thought to myself. I never even looked at the damned things.