Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Thumbs down

Faucet Direct - No good! Cancelled order

Also read below. I have been contacted by a manager that is willing to resolve this issue. Thanks Diane sales manager at FaucetDirect.com for contacting me.

I purchased a black toilet on Faucet Direct. com for their advertised price. They sent me email confirmation and said it was shipping soon. A few days later I recieved a call and they asked if I was in a good mood? The advertised price was about 300 bucks off so they were calling to cancel my order in thier favor. This was a bummer!

I called a few reps and they were nice but they never even got close to resolving the issue. I even offered to get within 100.00 of the total shipped and they said they could not do it. I got the run around ( let me ask my manager they said ) ( Put the manager on the phone did not seem to be an option) Anyway I would not recomend this company for thier customer service. The prices look good but in the end its all about money and not the customer!! I wont use them or any other company owned by them after this BS. Lowes custom ordered me a Kholer at a great price.

This is my first post here so I hope it is not out of line. I am heading to ask about some hardwood flooring from here. Anyone have any plumbing questions I can help.

Steve

Last edited by STLBLUES; 02-19-2010 at 09:56 AM.
STLBLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
Safe, Most of the Time!!

Is this the first time you used them? It could have been an honest error on the part of the data entry person.

Picture/Photo Pitcher/Carafe ------- Where/Someplace Were/Be
brokenknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #3

How do you figure they ripped you off when you didn't pay anything for anything?

Prices are wrong on Internet sites all the time
My own site (& most others) state that pricing errors may occur & prices are subject to change without notice
This is fairly common
Recently one site had a large flat screen TV for $10 - instead of just a color frame
Lots of orders were placed...and they were all cancelled

You were not ripped off
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Safe, Most of the Time!!

You mean you can't buy a large flat screen for ten dollars?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES View Post
I purchased a black toilet on Faucet Direct. com for their advertised price. They sent me email confirmation and said it was shipping soon. A few days later I recieved a call and they asked if I was in a good mood? The advertised price was about 300 bucks off so they were calling to cancel my order in thier favor. This was a bummer!

I called a few reps and they were nice but they never even got close to resolving the issue. I even offered to get within 100.00 of the total shipped and they said they could not do it. I got the run around ( let me ask my manager they said ) ( Put the manager on the phone did not seem to be an option) Anyway I would not recomend this company for thier customer service. The prices look good but in the end its all about money and not the customer!! I wont use them or any other company owned by them after this BS. Lowes custom ordered me a Kholer at a great price.

This is my first post here so I hope it is not out of line. I am heading to ask about some hardwood flooring from here. Anyone have any plumbing questions I can help.

Steve
I can see your point, If they had a quoted price and it was wrong, that's their mistake.
There was a time when some businesses would rather give you an item then to be badmouthed.
Just last year, I priced two installed garage doors, and paid a deposit. They were supposed to order them and it would take three days to get them in. One week later I went by and all I got was excuses and apoligizies. Got my deposit back, went home and called for price. You guessed it--- Price was higher by about $50.00
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
How do you figure they ripped you off when you didn't pay anything for anything?

Prices are wrong on Internet sites all the time
My own site (& most others) state that pricing errors may occur & prices are subject to change without notice
This is fairly common
Recently one site had a large flat screen TV for $10 - instead of just a color frame
Lots of orders were placed...and they were all cancelled

You were not ripped off
I placed the order and they ran my card, the same as handing over cash. It was not a deposit it was a purchase! They sent me a confirmation and a copy of the invoice. So I am waiting on the product and I get the call the next day saying they are cancelling the order. No I was not out any money. Just BS how it was handled. You would not have been mad? hmmm......
Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Safe, Most of the Time!!

Disappointed yes, mad no. I understand errors are made. If this was something that happened all the time with the same company, then yes I would be mad.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #8

STLBLUES Hello, my name is Diane Lawrence and I am the sales manager at FaucetDirect.com. I was disappointed to read this posting on your shopping experience and would like to apologize to you. My email is dlawrence@improvementdirect.com. If there is something I can do to make this right, please let me know.
Diane Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #9

Good News!

Diane Lawrence contacted me via my cell phone and asked if she could resolve this situation. I had a long conversation with her about how the transaction went wrong. We are working together to start a new transaction on another product. One thing about Faucet Direct that stands out is the fact that you will always talk to a represenative by phone instead of emails. This personel attention existed before my problem occured.

My In-laws have used Faucet Direct and they were very pleased so I thought I would give them a try. I assume I just had a bad first experience so I do recomend you give Faucet Direct a chance knowing that they are willing to earn our business.