Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #1

Share |

David is a Ford Guy now???

Bluwolf responds to add posted in forum.
David, did you check out The Toyota Tundra, or "have you ever tried one"? as the old saying goes.
I have owned 3 Ford F 150 trucks. In 2011 I again went looking. First drove a Ford F150, cause I was a ford guy. I wasn't really excited about it, design and otherwise.
Then I drove a Tundra, WOW. What a sweet ride. It doesn't ride or drive like the behemoth vehicle it is. Power? yeah it's got that. Ok, so it doesn't get as good of gas mileage as the turbo charged f150. Oh, I'm sorry, the Ecco Boost, as the Ford marketers call it now.
Sorry all U Ford Guys. No offence meant, really. I just like to have power AND Style. Some people like box's, that's OK for you.
Alas, It was with great sadness that I had to trade in my Tundra last month. My job is very iffy, and I don't work every day. I had to buy something with lower payments and much better millage. Ford guys don't be mad, Bluwolf is sad!

Last edited by Bluwolf; 06-13-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Bluwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #2

I sure it was a coincidence, But they took out the add for the turbo charged, er, I mean The Ecco Bost f150 after I posted my ad for Toyota. Toyota doesn't make a diesel Tundra. Something they should do. You got me there, FoMoCo.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluwolf View Post
I sure it was a coincidence, But they took out the add for the turbo charged, er, I mean The Ecco Bost f150 after I posted my ad for Toyota. Toyota doesn't make a diesel Tundra. Something they should do. You got me there, FoMoCo.
I know this doesn't belong in the Site Help and Suggestions post, but ford started it!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #4

Don't be sad Bluwolf, You will have your Tundra again one day. A little pricey though.

When I was looking for a truck, I tested Ford, Ram and Tundra. I found the Ram to be the smoothest and the most economical. Sorry GMC, I had ten years with the Silverado..I was moving on.

The thing about this so called eco boost, is not only is it more expensive to purchase in the first place, but after 100 kilometers they start to need repairs,,, very expensive repairs,. There go all the previous 2 years gas savings plus a whole lot more. But really the gas saving were eaten up with the intial pricetag difference.

My Big Horn Hemi deactivates from 8 to 4 cylinders, so I'm getting some eco savings there as well.

My friend who was trying to talk me into a ford like hers is singing a different tune after a tire came off while she was on highway 401 (one of north americas busiest 16 lane highway WHILE SHE WAS PULLING HER HORSES Not once but two separate incidents.

And Ford has the nerve to claim its not their fault.. Lucky no humans or expensive horses were hurt..

Now she is fighting with the lousy customer service.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
Don't be sad Bluwolf, You will have your Tundra again one day. A little pricey though.

When I was looking for a truck, I tested Ford, Ram and Tundra. I found the Ram to be the smoothest and the most economical. Sorry GMC, I had ten years with the Silverado..I was moving on.

The thing about this so called eco boost, is not only is it more expensive to purchase in the first place, but after 100 kilometers they start to need repairs,,, very expensive repairs,. There go all the previous 2 years gas savings plus a whole lot more. But really the gas saving were eaten up with the intial pricetag difference.

My Big Horn Hemi deactivates from 8 to 4 cylinders, so I'm getting some eco savings there as well.

My friend who was trying to talk me into a ford like hers is singing a different tune after a tire came off while she was on highway 401 (one of north americas busiest 16 lane highway WHILE SHE WAS PULLING HER HORSES Not once but two separate incidents.

And Ford has the nerve to claim its not their fault.. Lucky no humans or expensive horses were hurt..

Now she is fighting with the lousy customer service.
Creeper, Thanks! I'll probably check out the Ram when I'm looking. From what I've heard, Dodge Ram has really come a long way with their quality, vs. past models. My neighbor owns a car/truck repair/towing business. He used to be like, if you weren't driving a ford there must be something wrong with you. Now he is a Fordnomore man.
My wife had a Ford Freestyle, renamed the Taurus x. What a nightmare, she bought it new and took care of it well. Bad Car!
What was the cause of the wheels coming off? I assume she bought it new? I've never heard of that one.
One of my critera for the truck was The Made in America Index by cars.com. It takes into consideration where the vehicle is made, what % of US made parts and how many american jobs does it create. The 2011 Toyota Tundra was number 7 out of every vehicle sold in America, cars included. Bluwolf
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
I'm Your Huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluwolf View Post
Creeper, Thanks! I'll probably check out the Ram when I'm looking. From what I've heard, Dodge Ram has really come a long way with their quality, vs. past models.
you've heard wrong. you don't see any dodge rams in the field of blue collar work where trucks define your income. they are junk, but to each his own.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
An old Tradesmen

Thread cleaned up, and reopened for the OP's benefit.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #8
I'm Your Huckleberry

what do you drive, BT? What does Yuri Drive, Marty, Benny? I bet none of you drive dodges.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
An old Tradesmen

Don't have my more Dodge anymore. About 5 years since I did.

2 Fords, and a Firebird.
Doc Holliday (06-16-2013)
Old 06-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #10
JOATMON

Funny thing about brand reliability....there seems to be a direct link between reliability and loyalty.

We bought the Honda Minivan almost 6 years ago..top rated....it's been in for transmission replacement...rear wheel bearings...bearings in the side doors....and I need to take it back now for a serious front shimmy under acceleration...

I've had less trouble with my jeep.

So....'in my opinion', to some extent, a vehicle is only as good as the owner 'wants it to be'....

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #11

In my experience being an automotive tech for over 20 years working the last five for a large dealer that has ford Toyota Mazda Chevy and dodge dealers. There really isn't a good or bad brand... They all have issues they all have lemons, they are mass produced as cheap as they can. I've found never buy the first two years of a new model. That's when the bugs are worked out. They are so much in a hurry to beat each other with the newest technology they rush through testing when their numbers tell them the failure percentage is in their exceptable range.
cjm94 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjm94 For This Useful Post:
Bluwolf (06-16-2013), creeper (06-16-2013)
Old 06-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
what do you drive, BT? What does Yuri Drive, Marty, Benny? I bet none of you drive dodges.
Honestly I don't care or even pay attention to what others drive..just Doc.
I noticed that your question was directed at all the Hvac guys. Funny though, all the Hvac guys up here drive work vans. I've never seen a Hvac pick up except in your picture
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
Mod

Quote:
I've never seen a Hvac pick up except in your picture
Now that you mentioned it, I haven't either.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Honestly I don't care or even pay attention to what others drive..just Doc.
I noticed that your question was directed at all the Hvac guys. Funny though, all the Hvac guys up here drive work vans. I've never seen a Hvac pick up except in your picture
Neither have I, now that you mentioned it.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #15

Cool

It looks like that Truck Brand discussions will soon be added to the Banned List along with religion and politics. Maybe that's just as well, I don't like unpleasantries. "I" won't bring it up again.
Can we all just get along, Please? Happy Fathers Day! Bluwolf