Criminal Mischief Or Something - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Chatroom Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old Today, 06:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,296

Criminal mischief or something

Theres a city ordinance banning any fireworks which leave the ground. For the third year neighbors on the side (I'm on a corner lot) shoot fireworks into my yard. I tried talking and all I got was, "everyone else is doing it".

Sparks came down on the my lawn for 2 hrs. He stomped tiny flames out near his side of road. None took hold in my yard. I worried about my car in the drive, my roof and a palm tree with dead fronds where sparks landed. And actually landed on me, but I don't have any marks.

He yelled over, "move back". I said I'm on my own property.

I called the non-emergency sheriff number 2x and nothing. They said they had about 6,000 calls. When sparks landed on me I called the real 911. Still no one came. Yesterday I picked up a bag of fireworks debris in my yard which I saved.

Friends said ignore it, nothing can be done. But, don't I have a right to protect my property?

But I'm going to try tackling this another way but don't know where to start.

1. Should I check to see if theres even a sheriff report? ( when the drunk driver crashed in my yard it took 3 weeks to get report)

2. Since its free to go to Sheriff dept, should I ask them what to do? (I don't want them to think I'm a nut or pest)

3. Should I talk to my attorney?

4. What would this be called? Is it assault on me? Property damage? Criminal muscheif?

Or should I do like everyone and ignore it?

P.S.
Just googled info on pressing charges and without witness or sheriff seeing it firsthand they won't do anything. Sounds like I need to just call the attorney.

Advertisement

Last edited by Startingover; Today at 07:12 AM.
Startingover is online now   Reply With Quote