Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
JOATMON

Share |

Convenience Fee?

My home loan was just transferred from BofA to Green Tree.....

So....I made the 1st payment this morning now that they sent me the info....

$12 Convenience Fee to make a payment on line. Are you kidding me? $12? To do something electronically that most likely costs them a lot less than processing a physical check?

Talk about a step backwards.

Well....I have a new mission in life.....I'm going to spread the good word. I'm going to take advantage of my 1st Amendment rights and let everyone know about Green Tree's $12 'Convenience Fee'....

Yes folks....Green Tree is going to charge you $12 to electronically pay your mortgage....

Geeezzzzz.....I don't even have a checkbook......

Well Green Tree....I'm not going to be your customer for long....I've started the refi process....

Ya know....BofA does not seem so bad after all....

Rant over........................for now....

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Convenience Fee?

i am just waiting for my home Loan to be transferred from SUN West to whom ever they sell it to. then i am going to refi with USAA

redman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #3

Convenience Fee?

A convenience fee is obviously not convenient.

My internet bill started showing up with a $2.00/mo fee listed as "excess fee's". I called to complain about it and they took it off. Sounds like a scam to me.
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Banned Electrician

Convenience Fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
My home loan was just transferred from BofA to Green Tree.....

So....I made the 1st payment this morning now that they sent me the info....

$12 Convenience Fee to make a payment on line. Are you kidding me? $12? To do something electronically that most likely costs them a lot less than processing a physical check?

Talk about a step backwards.

Well....I have a new mission in life.....I'm going to spread the good word. I'm going to take advantage of my 1st Amendment rights and let everyone know about Green Tree's $12 'Convenience Fee'....

Yes folks....Green Tree is going to charge you $12 to electronically pay your mortgage....

Geeezzzzz.....I don't even have a checkbook......

Well Green Tree....I'm not going to be your customer for long....I've started the refi process....

Get a check book..
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
JOATMON

Convenience Fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRY304E View Post
Get a check book..
Yea....I could do that....along with some stamps.....

And we could all go back to writing letters instead of using the internet.

My
and
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
r0ckstarr (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Banned Electrician

Convenience Fee?

Quote:

I love how they use all these deceptive tactics when they would be better-off telling us the grand total up front.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Convenience Fee?

Do not get me started on bank fees! If I use a teller machine out of network it is like $5-6! For a total electronic transaction save for me handling stinky smelly cash.

I had a bank that kept trying to convince me it took them 14-21 days to actually deposit wired international payments into my account. However, since they could see the money was sort of there and in transit, they gladly paid checks I wrote against UNCOLLECTED (not insufficient) funds. They only charged me $34 per item! Of course the fees themselves would sometimes trigger an overdraft situation at which point checks were returned for another $34 each.

My client almost dumped me until we realized PayPal could handle such complex banking in near real time. At the end of the day, I think Wells Fargo is behind them though. Only a matter of time before fees start increasing I fear.

I also remember when two major banks merged in NYC. For about two months the systems did not match and my deposits were debited. Not so much as an apology from anybody. At least they reversed all the overdraft fees. It was up to me to try to explain to check payees what had happened though.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #8

Convenience Fee?

Your $12 'convenience fee' is probably a fee they added on to pay for some of the losses they're taking on due to other customers not paying their loans. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems like they always come up with ways to make responsible people pay more than our share. That's just my opinion.

My advice is to finance your loan through a credit union. When we bought our house, it was through a bank and the mortgage was sold to some other bank a year or so later. We got tired of that right away and went to our credit union. We were able to lower the interest rate and at the same time changed from a 30 yr. to a 15 yr. It only added $75 to our monthly payment.

gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #9

Convenience Fee?

Quote:

I've not had a check book in 10yrs and have no interest in getting one now. I totally understand what you're saying.
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
call me E

Convenience Fee?

I found out a week or so ago my State Fish & Game has a $4 convenience fee.
Rather then pay it, I jumped in my truck and went to the nearest tackle shop. Bought my licence and more tackle. Ended up spending twice the license fee. Maybe I should have paid the $4
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Lord of Slums

Convenience Fee?

My mortgage was bought by some Indian company. They just out of the blue send me letters saying, 400 dollar title search fee. WTF. I call them and they just read off queue cards. In the mean time, I can not buy a hundred watt light bulb for my own good. I feel like yelling, I am going to bed...
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #12

Convenience Fee?

Quote:

A bank or mortgage company that makes BoA look good? Who thought such a thing was possible?

I am so tired of the cashiers at BoA chiding me for not having my account numbers perfectly in their little boxes etc etc etc. You'd think that they would be smart enough to look at the account balance before they scold a customer with a rather sizeable cash balance. In most banks, I'm considered a good customer, at BoA I'm a pain.
Anti-wingnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #13

Convenience Fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEplumber View Post
I found out a week or so ago my State Fish & Game has a $4 convenience fee.
Rather then pay it, I jumped in my truck and went to the nearest tackle shop. Bought my licence and more tackle. Ended up spending twice the license fee. Maybe I should have paid the $4
Here at your neighboring state, we have to pay an extra $5 fee if we buy our WDFW/DNR/State Parks Discover Pass at the WDFW.
Anti-wingnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
Wire Chewer

Convenience Fee?

Wow that's quite terrible! I think ANY organization that charges extra for online services, paperless billing etc is retarded. It's how everything should be by default. If they want to charge extra to do it the old way, then whatever, there are actual cost's involved in doing it that way, but online it technically does not cost them anything.

I'm actually in the process of trying to find a new bank since I'm with Royal Bank and their practices have been reveiled and are very sketchy. Greedy bastards fired a bunch of employees to outsource their jobs to india! Lot of people are boycotting them now and I'll be joining in shortly. You can't beg a company to stop bad practices, but you can vote with your wallet by taking your money elsewhere.
Red Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Squirrel For This Useful Post:
creeperjr (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
Floor Installer

Convenience Fee?

A Sears card charges a fee if you pay on line, too.

sam floor is offline   Reply With Quote