Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Licensed Master Plumber

Rewards Points: 250

Clack Mfg possible restrictions

Well, when you consider how many retailers and wholesalers carry Clack equipment I seriously doubt that they would want to loose that many sales.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Water quality'n pump guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green
Found it!
They have been trying to shut down internet sales for many years. The first I heard of it from Clack was in early July 2005. Dealers and OEMS are working to prevent any changes to the original "aggreement" OEMS signed.

And just hours ago today they reversed themselves on a large part of that 'memo' that you have posted but, what about it concerns you?

Have you bought equipment with a Clack WS-x valve on it? If so there is no problem with any online customer getting service from online dealers.

Here's part of todays reversal;

Clack will allow Internet Seller's to supply replacement parts for Clack Valves to homeowners.... the OEM supplying the part(s) to the Internet Seller can drop ship directly to the homeowner...

BTW, you'll see there is no effective date on that 'memo' and it will be off in the future when they establish one, if they do.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Water quality'n pump guy

Quote:
Can you post the reversal?
What I posted;

Clack will allow Internet Seller's to supply replacement parts for Clack Valves to homeowners.... the OEM supplying the part(s) to the Internet Seller can drop ship directly to the homeowner...
That is from an email from Bob Pishop, National Sales Manager, VP Clack Corp and sent yesterday to all OEMs selling the Clack line of control valves and replacement parts.

The reason that was sent was to reverse their previous decision of Monday that was to shut off/down the sale of parts to existing customers of internet dealers at some future date and by any local dealers selling to DIYer customers that have purchased "the valve", over the last 9-10 years.

The first decision was given to me on Monday in a phone call and email where I mentioned the negative impact of that decision to another VP and the reversal was just 2-3 days after that. The reversed decision was that there would be no drop shipping replacement parts to internet dealers' or other DIYer customers.

BTW, the date of the memo is the date OF the memo, not the effective date of the changes Clack wants to make to the contract all OEMs have signed as far back as 2000.

And those changes are not set it stone as yet, I and others are working to prevent them from being made and they may not be made or not all of them may be made.

Many OEMs are resistant to changing the terms of the contract they signed with nothing more than a dictating type memo (and the threats Clack is making is a sore spot) because of the principal invoved but, also because they don't want to lose the business. Especially for the reasons for the changes that Clack is using. Which is to protect local dealers from internet sales and also to stop calls and emails to Clack from people with a Clack valve. That includes all sales, not just internet customers and that is why they do not want the/their name used; they don't want to put in a customer service dept (which I agree with). The name is not copy written or service or trade marked.

Clack estimates 300-400 valves sold online per month. OEMs are telling me the actual number is closer to 1000 but Clack didn't ask for actual numbers, they simply guessed. The OEMs are counting and when done will be giving the data to Clack, before an effective date is reached.

Mr Green, to help DIY type consumers on the internet forums, all you folks discussing this on that other forum should tell everyone wanting to buy a softener etc. with a Clack WS-1 valve on it, that they should HURRY before it may be too late.

And you could mention that I have a number of valves under my bed etc. that I can sell or get parts from after any effective date. And the VP I'm talking to says all I need is to park the motorhome somewhere and get a local address and I can continue to sell Clack based equipment.

I'm thinking Riverview FL and a few storage sheds or used U-Haul trucks parked in the back yard. Then I could do well pump replacements and sell CSVs too. It would be like the old days. And the wife is all for it because we could fish in the Gulf or around Riverview if the oil slick showed up. Or we'll set up a second dealership in Rhodes is it MI for the summer to get out of the summertime heat and afternoon thunder storms of central FL there around Tampa.

If there is anything else you need to know, please post your questions and I'll do my best to help you understand all of this.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
Water quality'n pump guy

Quote:
Since you order though a plumbing company I am surprised you would go to all that trouble. Why did you think it was about you?
Knowing you Pandi, I don't wonder why you would be surprised but whoever told you I purchase through a plumbing company is wrong but what do you see wrong wth that if I did?

I'm sorry, I don't know why you think I think this is/was about me. I do know why you want to make it about me though.

Last edited by Gary Slusser; 05-08-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
Water quality'n pump guy

Quote:
The OP was having problems with Clack equipment. I saw something that may or may not be relevant.
Sorry, I'm not able to understand your logic.

How do you see Clack wanting to stop internet sales as helping the OP that had a problem with his Clack WS-1 control valve?

Clack has wanted to stop internet sales for at least 5 years and didn't relesh their control valve sold on the internet since the valve was released to their OEMs in 2000, but they did allow it. Now again they are attempting to stop those sales. How does that have anything to do with the OP's problem?

You should note that these posts have been deleted from that thread and moved into a thread of their own and that thread has been created in the Off Topic Forum Pandi, and that you have been banned here once already as Driller1.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #6
Licensed Master Plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
Sorry, I'm not able to understand your logic.

How do you see Clack wanting to stop internet sales as helping the OP that had a problem with his Clack WS-1 control valve?

Clack has wanted to stop internet sales for at least 5 years and didn't relesh their control valve sold on the internet since the valve was released to their OEMs in 2000, but they did allow it. Now again they are attempting to stop those sales. How does that have anything to do with the OP's problem?

It has nothing to do with the OP's problem. That's why it was moved. However, though Clack has made grumblings in the past over internet sales, I would be very surprised if they actually do anything about it. Furthermore, there will always be a way around the issue.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,000

Thread closed since the same people keep signing up under different accounts to post comments

Closed Thread