Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #1

Share |

Chevy vs ?

I watch the Chevy commercial inferring Honda does have a product they can't compete with... "it's self propelled". Then I see the guy all summer long cutting lawns with the 12 to 15 year old Honda lawn equipment he started with but has to replace his Chevy p/u every couple of years. Hmmmm

Anyway, I am considering a new truck and have had olny Chev or GMC for the past 30 or so years. Currently I have an Avalanche 2500 that is the perfect truck for me. It relatively short yet I can haul 16' pieces of trim with out tying off to the roof, just fold the rear seat and drop the tailgate. The bed is lockable and stays dry, the 8L V8 will tow a house. All of those things are important to me. Unfortunately GM no longer makes the Avalanche in the 3/4 ton version. I tend to ruin 1/2 tons pretty quickly so I have learned the hard way to go bigger or go home.

So, I'm looking for non GM replacement suggestions. Not because of all their corporate problems but because of the last 6 trucks all have had their little issues which I don't mind but some have been repetitive. Like the steering column rattle (more like a bump) in all of the last 6 of them that just starts making noise when the warranty is up. Like the gas gauge that no one could fix until the warranty was up in a couple of the others. I am pretty much a "buy American guy" but if Honda made a 3/4 ton Ridgeline I wouldn't be ask for suggestions.

Rege

RegeSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote