Best Painting Tunes - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Best Painting Tunes

All right I have a big project coming up next weekend. Get the living room and dining room done way before the holidays this year.

sick of my cd's a little and would love suggestions for songs you would paint to? more into indie (walkmen, shins, white stripes, kings of leon, that type of thing) or hip hop (aceyalone, nas, biggie) or reggae, but have been known to karoakee (sp?) to Okie From Muskogee, go Merle!

All suggestions welcome, or any other things that will make the project be a little more fun. of course you can't beat making sure everything is taped and prepped!

Thanks to all in advance!

Advertisement

thedewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #2

Smile

Best Painting Tunes

Nice music taste! Painting to good music can be so much fun. I also tend to sway on the indie side of music...

some suggestions...

modest mouse
the national
gnarles barkley
new ****ographers
fratellis
peter bjorn and john
elbow
wolfmother
oh no! oh my!

happy painting!

Advertisement

fts123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Best Painting Tunes

I know I'm odd, my wife tells me all the time how she can't stand talk radio, I on the other hand love to have a good talk program going in the background...gives me something else to think about.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #4

Best Painting Tunes

Sometimes audio books are nice to listen to, especially if you are doing something for a long time... You can usually pick them up at your local library too
de_sjiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
New owner, older house

Rewards Points: 25

Best Painting Tunes

welp I'm no help here--I listen to heavy metal & rock. Metallica's new CD is great
Taz38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #6

Best Painting Tunes

this may be old, but i just head of it and use it when i clean/ do work, its called pandora. www.pandora.com its free and you just type in a band or song you like and it finds others you might also like. as for me i listen to mostly punk and hardcore, but also some older stuff once in a while to mix it up. i just cant stand normal radio too many commercials and the same 10 songs over and over.

just saw your into hip hop, i used to be but not really anymore, when i was it was the good old stuff liek you said like biggie, nas, nwa... good taste there 99% of the new stuff is horrible. a few are good tho, i like flobots and gym class heroes. not really typical hip hop, lol.

Last edited by fbennett1125; 10-03-2008 at 08:50 AM.
fbennett1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Meg017 Send a message via Yahoo to Meg017
Talking

Best Painting Tunes

Like the dewar I have a site where you can compile a playlist. You can get all of your favorite music on a playlist instaed of listening to your CD's. I do this on projects with the kids. They love it. We get a good mix of my music and the stuff they listen to. This way I am not stuck listening to the kids CD's.
Meg017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 25

Best Painting Tunes

the u.k. indie scene is the best place to listen to music right now, lots of new talent is emerging, from the wombats to the ting tings its all good.
richardbrickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #9

Best Painting Tunes

Pandora is great!!! I'd recommend Pandora. . .or just compiling a list of your own favorite tunes on a CD/playlist (like itunes or an Ipod) and just play that while you're working. For music, I'd pick songs that'll energize you and keep you going while you're painting.

When I think of songs and painting. . .I think of that scene from the movie "50 first dates" where Drew Barrymore paints and sings the Beachboy's song "Wouldn't it be nice" at the top of her lungs, haha.

For me, I'm not an Beachboys fan, but I'll have to recommend my all time favorite band (and I'm STILL not over their breakup almost 10 years ago) . . .PAVEMENT =)

Advertisement

mandarinmint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice , music , tunes