Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #1

Share |

A Baptist Pastor was.....

A Baptist pastor was presenting a children's sermon. During the sermon, he asked the children if they knew what the resurrection was.

Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, but at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous.

Having asked the children if they knew the meaning of the resurrection, a little boy raised his hand. The pastor called on him and the little boy said, "I know that if you have a resurrection that lasts more than four hours you are supposed to call the doctor."

It took over ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough from their laughter for the worship service to be continued.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
47_47 (02-24-2013), beenthere (02-24-2013), Fix'n it (02-24-2013), jbfan (02-22-2013), rossfingal (02-24-2013), sam floor (02-23-2013), TheEplumber (02-22-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

I almost fell off my chair when I read that. ROFL.

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
DIY staff

"Dad, Heather and Brenda were talking about where babies come from----
They shouldn't even think about things like that until they reach poverty!!!"
gma2rjc (02-25-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh'mike View Post
They shouldn't even think about things like that until they reach poverty!!!"
Many people reach poverty shorty after having children.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
Fix'n it (02-24-2013), gma2rjc (02-25-2013), oh'mike (02-24-2013), rossfingal (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #5

Nice one Barb!

I don't even have any children -
I have reached "poverty", though!
rossfingal is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rossfingal For This Useful Post:
gma2rjc (02-25-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
JOATMON

Well now....since it's joke time.................

When Bill and Hillary first got married Bill said, "I am putting a box under the bed. You must promise never to look in it."

In all their 30 years of marriage, Hillary never looked. On the afternoon of their 30th anniversary, curiosity got the best of her and she lifted the lid and peeked inside. In the box were 3 empty beer cans and $81,874.25 in cash.

She closed the box and put it back under the bed. Now that she knew what was in the box, she was doubly curious as to why there even was such a
box with such contents. That evening, they were out for a special anniversary dinner.

After dinner, Hillary could no longer contain her curiosity and she confessed, saying, "I am so sorry, Bill. For all these years, I kept my promise and
never looked into the box under our bed. However, today the temptation was too much and I gave in. But now I need to know, why do you keep the
3 beer cans in the box?"

Bill thought for a while and said, "I guess after all these years you deserve to know the truth. Whenever I was unfaithful to you, I put an empty beer
can in the box under the bed to remind myself not to do it again."

Hillary was shocked, but said, "Hmmm, Jennifer, Paula and Monica. I am very disappointed and saddened by your behavior. However, since you are addicted to sex I guess it does happen and I guess 3 times is not that bad considering your problem."

Bill thanked her for being so understanding. They hugged and made their peace. A little while later Hillary asked Bill, "So why do you have all that
money in the box?"

Bill answered: "Well, whenever the box filled up with empty cans, I took them to the recycling center and redeemed them for cash."

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
beenthere (02-24-2013), gma2rjc (02-25-2013), oh'mike (02-24-2013), rossfingal (02-24-2013), sam floor (02-24-2013)